Workbench Showoff

Jronman

• 5 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 8:50 AM, Jronman said:

Andrew Klein designed a new workbench here it is.

Nice, but seems like way more bench than I would ever need.  I also prefer a much wider bench.  I often screw jigs etc right into the top, so I prefer a replaceable top.   I recently almost bought a used festool MFT  table from CL but passed because of their small size.

Nice job Bro.! I got approved to start slowly lifting things from Mass General on the first of February and am hoping I can at least start next week! I got back to work on the 1st of March so am hoping to be able to lift some of those timbers I have , down into the Basement shop 👍🙏

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Nordraw said:

Very nice job. Did you make the threaded shafts for the vice or was that something you bought?

I was wondering that too, rrich1 did you make that threaded shaft with a router?

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 12:35 PM, Nordraw said:

Very nice job. Did you make the threaded shafts for the vice or was that something you bought?

On 2/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, RT29 said:

I was wondering that too, rrich1 did you make that threaded shaft with a router?

Hey, sorry for not getting back to you guys. My father in law made it on a lathe and router. He took a maple blank i bought and he made the screw and nut for me. I have a bench build thread in the woodworking section if you want more info.