Bosch needs some new executives.

DR99

On 8/25/2017 at 1:06 AM, dwain said:

I don't know what available in the US, bu they certainly have a plenty of tools in Aus and Europe.

In our market all we got is Bosch Blue and some appliances haha. We don't have Bosch Green. The plunge saw is one tool we do not have.

They make great solid tools but their PR is probably the weakest out of all the brand. The other thing is they have such a small lineup of tools that expands at a snails pace!

Think you should do a bit research. All is not about NA you know. Always among the 100 most popular brand names in the world, and the power tool company with highest revenue in the world that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, paddyjones said:

Think you should do a bit research. All is not about NA you know. Always among the 100 most popular brand names in the world, and the power tool company with highest revenue in the world that is...

Well in both cases you are talking about the ' Robert bosch' company and not solely their power tool division ;)

Well in both cases you are talking about the ' Robert bosch' company and not solely their power tool division [emoji6]

Well, if you remove hand tools from Stanley, bosch should be bigger. Though Bosch surely sells a lot of measuring tools that dewalt don't have... So to get the exact numbers are impossible...[emoji12]

• Like 1

Bosch and Hitachi are incredibly similar in my opinion. They're both more than capable of coming out with best-in-their-class power tools (Hitachi's Triple Hammer) but for whatever reason their marketing is minimal and their newer products come out very slowly. Both of them, when they're at the top of their game, don't have to take a backseat to anyone as their tools are extremely reliable and long-lasting.

• Like 1

While Bosch and Hitachi are capable of being at the top of a game, per se, personal experience from over forty years in buying power tools for use in shop, and on the job site, belies the fact that they build for long lasting reliability or durability. Of all the brands I have used over the years, Bosch portable power tools have shown the highest critical failures of any other brand, from my personal consumption, and Hitachi power tools have had the highest design failures due to cost saving measures that have severely shorted tool life and or use. Due to this, I cannot judge any of their current offerings on the market because I refuse to trust them to surpass their own history.

On the other hand, my first choice of jig saw blades, as well as core bits and concrete drills, are Bosch products. I also would consider purchasing a Hitachi industrial grade shop tool, having owned one in the past and it not having any of the issues that their portable power tools displayed.

Opinions change, but in my view, large corporations have great difficulty in doing so, unless monetary losses force them to change. I use what works for me, regardless of brand name, and what generally works for me has had a long history of doing so.

3 hours ago, JMG said:

While Bosch and Hitachi are capable of being at the top of a game, per se, personal experience from over forty years in buying power tools for use in shop, and on the job site, belies the fact that they build for long lasting reliability or durability. Of all the brands I have used over the years, Bosch portable power tools have shown the highest critical failures of any other brand, from my personal consumption, and Hitachi power tools have had the highest design failures due to cost saving measures that have severely shorted tool life and or use. Due to this, I cannot judge any of their current offerings on the market because I refuse to trust them to surpass their own history.

On the other hand, my first choice of jig saw blades, as well as core bits and concrete drills, are Bosch products. I also would consider purchasing a Hitachi industrial grade shop tool, having owned one in the past and it not having any of the issues that their portable power tools displayed.

Opinions change, but in my view, large corporations have great difficulty in doing so, unless monetary losses force them to change. I use what works for me, regardless of brand name, and what generally works for me has had a long history of doing so.

Surprised about Bosch they usually seem to win the tool torture tests more often than other brands

Don't make me revisit my rant about L-boxxes...

Bosch tools on my radar...

miter saw

routers

worm drive circular saw (maybe)

jobsite table saw (maybe)

jigsaws

sanders (maybe)

I just noticed there's nothing there that's not at least a couple of years old...

Don't make me revisit my rant about L-boxxes...

Bosch tools on my radar...
miter saw
routers
worm drive circular saw (maybe)
jobsite table saw (maybe)
jigsaws
sanders (maybe)

I just noticed there's nothing there that's not at least a couple of years old...
Miter saw- I'd look at the Hitachi 12" compact slider. Cheaper, nearly as compact, more accurate, laser built in. I had the Hitachi (previous model and now the 12" Bosch) I didn't gain anything by going Bosch.
Router- go for it they are great
Worm drive-im sure it's a great saw, no experience.
Job site saw- do you need a job site saw or can you go bigger and more stationary? It's a good saw.
Jigsaw- they are awesome. Corded or cordless? My cordless is fantastic and a brushed mod at that.
Sanders- great Sanders you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Job site saw- do you need a job site saw or can you go bigger and more stationary? It's a good saw.
Jigsaw- they are awesome. Corded or cordless? My cordless is fantastic and a brushed mod at that.

1. Just keeping my options open in case I need a jobsite saw down the road.

2. Barrel grip corded as of right now. I REALLY don't want to get into another battery platform right now. Three is enough.

3. I've had an ROS20. I really liked it. I'd buy another, and I'd like to get a 6" sander as well. But the siren song of Festool is also calling me...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Miter saw- I'd look at the Hitachi 12" compact slider. Cheaper, nearly as compact, more accurate, laser built in. I had the Hitachi (previous model and now the 12" Bosch) I didn't gain anything by going Bosch.
Router- go for it they are great
Worm drive-im sure it's a great saw, no experience.

The 12" Bosch Glide is a beast its one heavy saw.

• 4 weeks later...