When do we get a cordless hot glue gun from Makita?

aessu

I know Ryobi has one, but I dont want to invest in another battery platform. I mostly use a hot glue gun for securing floor heating cables before pouring the screed, and the cord is a real PITA sometimes, ripping the cable from the floor etc. 

Anyone has any knowledge on this. My thought here is "someone has it, others will copy to not be left behind".

I dont like using adapters/other than Makita tools with my Makita batteries, because you cant really be sure that the protections for over discharge etc is there, and I want to keep my batteries is good working order (I only use 5Ah batteries). I also only use genuine batteries, because of liability reasons for insurance etc, if a knock-off battery sets the customers house on fire while charging or something.

7 hours ago, aessu said:

I know Ryobi has one, but I dont want to invest in another battery platform. I mostly use a hot glue gun for securing floor heating cables before pouring the screed, and the cord is a real PITA sometimes, ripping the cable from the floor etc. 

Anyone has any knowledge on this. My thought here is "someone has it, others will copy to not be left behind".

Seriously just get the Ryobi, their stuff is so cheap its really not like an "investment".  I'm all in on DeWalt but there are simply tools I needed that either don't exist or cost more than justifiable.    

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

Seriously just get the Ryobi, their stuff is so cheap its really not like an "investment".  I'm all in on DeWalt but there are simply tools I needed that either don't exist or cost more than justifiable.    

I already have a corded one, I think ill get by with it while waiting for Makita to come up with one. I just dont feel like dropping 200-300 Euros on a glue gun, batteries and a charger just for it, because I wont be buying any other Ryobi stuff.

• 4 months later...

I myself went ahead and just bought into the Ryobi platform mostly for the glue gun. It’s so inexpensive anyway even for a couple different little tools. I think their glue gun kit with a little battery and charger is all of seventy US dollars. 

I also got their mattress inflator and was initially going to get their buffer until I realized Makita’s orbital sander conveniently has attachments for that exact purpose.

Sure I would prefer everything to fit under one battery platform but there is simply no single company that offers everything that every other company has. Makita happens to have the most for my purposes by a long shot so that was still an easy decision. I’m holding out for the faint possibility Makita releases a soldering iron and shameless Dremel knockoff a la what Milwaukee has in their 12 volt line. Maybe I wait for it, maybe I don’t but my Dremel right now is in sorry shape and a cordless soldering iron would make so many of my projects so much easier.

• 3 years later...

In Li-ion land the protection circuitry is part of the battery itself. There is no chance of your ryobi thing blowing up your makita batteries. I would probably just snap on this adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Badaptor-MAK-RYO-Makita-Battery-Adapter/dp/B07RWKQSF7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=14SVL76MEGNQW&dchild=1&keywords=ryobi+makita+adapter&qid=1612819761&sprefix=ryobi+makita+a%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-1

Es gab kein Heißkleber im neuen 2021 Katalog, auch muss ich noch warten ... aber ich habe genug von warten für eine lange Zeit und verwenden Batterieadapter (selbst gemacht oder gekauft), wenn Sie es mit Sorgfalt behandelt, es funktioniert auch. Ich habe auch die Ryobi 18V Heißkleber mit einem Makita 18V Batterie und es schaltet sich auch ab!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv4qbr1swM4

The more time goes on the more I believe this simply isn’t a product Makita is likely to release. Every product they make even if it may initially seem out of left field (coffee maker) is ultimately something trades people are going to use pretty routinely. The recent upright vacuum cleaner is geared for use in hotels for example. A glue gun while having a lot of utility to home owners in the right situations is ultimately more akin to arts and crafts than it is to a dedicated trades person, of any industry.

Now maybe they take a different attitude with their CXT line. In their own minds they may think of many of their current CXT tools as trades-worthy but to me they’re definitely more DIY, arts and crafts type products. Not a knock against them I own a few of them after all and like them quite a bit.

• 1 year later...