Advice Needed on what to replace my lost power tools with

Satorikn

I have had my dewalt 20v about 15 tools now for years with no problems, can't tell you how good the warranty is because I have never needed it, but that can go with any tool there are also lemons out there with any brand that new flex volt stuff though makes me want to spend money and I have a extra 1500 coming the wife does not know about haha

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Gnomish Delight said:

Milwaukee does have a good warranty. Never disputed that.

Why are you going to have someone listed on your website as a certified repair center, recommend them to your customers to take their faulty products to, and PAY those people to do your warranty service for you if they can't do the job correctly?

Take a 2704 to the same shop, or any non-one-key tool, and they'll fix it for you without a problem.

You know what the difference between a 2704 and a 2706 is? I've had both of them apart. A bluetooth transmitter, a button cell battery, and a couple extra bits on the circuit board (which is completely potted, so no one is repairing that, not even Milwaukee themselves).

The guy who can repair the 2704 with one hand while snoggin' on his donut and coffee with the other can't repair a 2706, but this shmuck behind this keyboard can?

Come on....

Milwaukee's warranty is fine. The problem is that you have to use the warranty on a regular basis to get a tool that works like it should have out of the box until the day you wear it out.

Why am I going to buy tools that I constantly have to turn in under warranty? I own a couple Metabo tools. I own a Hilti SDS. I've owned several more over-the-pond tools over the years. No complaints about Makita either. I own Bosch's  5.5 amp contractor grade oscillating tool. I've used that poor bastard to probe the darkest depths of Satan's back-end and stomped on it with all of my weight to get it there for over a year and it runs like new. Reliable. That's a word. Remember that word?

Not a single issue with any of them until I was ready to replace them just due to general wear and tear. No finicky BS, no quirks, no electrical tape to keep that twitchy bit from shaking loose. Nothing.

I want my tool to work from the moment I pick it up in my hand to the moment I set it down, and I don't want to think about it in between those periods. People seem to have forgotten that this is not only possible, but it is what we call a "Good Product" which is what I set out to buy every time I open my wallet, and is what every consumer should expect when they buy anything.

You're a hop and a skip away from several parts stores. Great. You know what happens when I hop and skip out to find something to fix my tools that're supposed to be doing the fixing? I fall face-first in the damn swamp. There's nothing out here. I only need one place to get everything I need and that's in front of my computer monitor though. I get it cheap, I get it delivered in 2-3 days (Even Metabo parts), and I keep backups. I don't run out of porta-band blades, because not having a blade handy costs me exponentially more than ordering another 6-pack when I get down to a dozen or so.

Working off of the cuff of your sleeve with your materials and tools may work for you but it's too expensive for my tastes, and even if I were in the middle of a large city where I could walk down the block and get anything I need I'd still operate the way I do because I don't get paid to leave the jobsite for an hour to grab another drill, and in my personal time I'm not going make a trip down to the corner and come back to a warm beer.

Forget the fact that I like to keep all of those pennies to spend them on more tools that don't fall to pieces when I walk in the room at the mere thought of work. I just don't want the friggin' hassle.

Fair enough. Whatever makes you money man. Time is valuable. I don't even own a portaband anymore. Congratulations on having a job where you can stay at one site. I have to go into parts stores on a regular basis because it doesn't pay for me to order parts online while I have equipment down. Amazon prime doesn't ship me argon, or pallets of twine, or tires, or brake cans, or sticks of conduit, or pex, or sanitary stainless tubing, or knotter arms, or grease cartridges. You know who does? Places that also happen to sell and warranty DeWalt and Milwaukee. I just own the bare minimum drill and impact wrench and they're all DeWalt because everyone carries DeWalt. If it's better off for you to order your tools then it's better off for you. Different strokes for different folks. You can work your day on a job site that's you. I'd go for that over my 400 mile days most of the time.

• Like 1