Grizzly TrackSaw

So this tool came into the repair shop I work at and all I can say is what the biggest piece of shit and stupid design . First of all the plastic its made out of feels cheap . We were replacing a cord that got Cut and that was a joke ya got to take the whole damn thing apart and screws in locations no screwdriver could get to 😑 . Lets just say 30mins later I still didnt get it off and set it to the side the screws on the side of the guard were cheap ass Chinese screws . Advise Do Not Buy its Chinese's Trash

Screenshot_20170828-122731.png

20170816_105146.jpg

Screenshot_20170828-122727.png

• Like 1

There is  no reason to take the saw apart to replace the blade on a Grizzly track saw.

To change the blade:

1. DISCONNECT SAW FROM POWER!

2. Engage the plunge release and lower the blade down far enough to expose the arbor bolt. Push the blade lock (see Figure 9) and rotate the arbor bolt with a 5mm hex wrench until the blade locks in place.

3.  With your free hand, turn the arbor bolt counterclockwise with a 5mm hex wrench to loosen it, as shown in Figure 10.

1. Once the arbor bolt has been loosened, use your fingers to carefully remove it, along with the arbor washer, then guide the blade down and out of the saw.

2. When ready to insert a new blade, lower the saw back down so that the arbor flange is visible. Insert a new blade into the saw. Align the center of the blade over the arbor flange and let it rest there.

3. Make sure grooves of arbor washer are cor- rectly lined up with the flange. Thread the arbor bolt and washer into place with your free hand. The correct order of installation is shown below in Figure 11 for your reference.

4. 7. Engage the blade lock to keep the arbor flange steady, and tighten the arbor bolt firmly using a 5mm hex wrench.

Blade change is almost the same as Festool

The manual is on Grizzly's website.

2 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

There is  no reason to take the saw apart to replace the blade on a Grizzly track saw.

To change the blade:

1. DISCONNECT SAW FROM POWER!

2. Engage the plunge release and lower the blade down far enough to expose the arbor bolt. Push the blade lock (see Figure 9) and rotate the arbor bolt with a 5mm hex wrench until the blade locks in place.

3.  With your free hand, turn the arbor bolt counterclockwise with a 5mm hex wrench to loosen it, as shown in Figure 10.

1. Once the arbor bolt has been loosened, use your fingers to carefully remove it, along with the arbor washer, then guide the blade down and out of the saw.

2. When ready to insert a new blade, lower the saw back down so that the arbor flange is visible. Insert a new blade into the saw. Align the center of the blade over the arbor flange and let it rest there.

3. Make sure grooves of arbor washer are cor- rectly lined up with the flange. Thread the arbor bolt and washer into place with your free hand. The correct order of installation is shown below in Figure 11 for your reference.

4. 7. Engage the blade lock to keep the arbor flange steady, and tighten the arbor bolt firmly using a 5mm hex wrench.

Blade change is almost the same as Festool

The manual is on Grizzly's website.

Oh well its still a shitty blade change man and now that I think of it was the cord we where replacing because a neibhor borrowed it from the guy AMD nicked it

Off course its not up to par with premium units, they're basically by track saw standards. 

I bought the Scheppach version (exact same saw) as my first track saw. Worked fine, throw the blade away and get a decent one and it worked fine. Not Festool/Mafell quality but for the price close enough. 

Don't know what happened to that saw, think I gave it too an apprentice.

• Like 1