Suggestion for new sub-forum

Drum

Under Power Tools By Manufacturer, add Hitachi. Or change Metabo to Hitachi/Metabo.

With recent and upcoming releases (Triple Hammer impact driver, C10JR job-site table saw, 18v finish nailers, NR1890DR 18v round-head framing nailer, etc.) -- plus the recent acquisition of Hitachi-Koki Ltd., by KKR (not to mention Hitachi's earlier acquisition of Metabo) -- Hitachi ain't going away anytime soon. In fact, they seem to be only getting bigger and better. (Never mind the legendary status of Hitachi's pneumatic nailers and fasteners on job-sites all over the world, since like forever.) Granted, Hitachi may not be marketing and selling their product lines in North America at anywhere near the volume and pace as DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, et al., but they do seem to be on an upward trend in this regard.

Anyway, just throwing it out there. No fanboy here (not yet, anyway). I don't own many Hitachi tools, myself -- just a miter saw, a compressor, and a few nailers, and they have worked flawlessly for 5+ years. Other than that, I use a mixed bag of corded tools from Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, and Skil. I'm currently using the Ryobi 18v line, which has served me well for all my DIY projects and most of my professional work, but am strongly tempted to jump into the Hitachi line of cordless tools and beyond.

• Like 1