Bye bye dewalt :(

Roasty

Dewalt tool connect has ..gps ...you pay monthly 19$ and it's gps anywhere through all phone towers...you would have known exactly where your tools were....it's not available yet ,but soon.....sorry to hear about your tools gone...truly sucks ...don't know your circumstances, but my tools stay locked in my truck or in my garage ,in my truck...at work they don't leave my site,if I go to lunch ,I pack em up before I go...

......any video surveillance? Hope it works out.....call Dewalt tell them your story,maybe they will hook you up....

4 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Dewalt tool connect has ..gps ...you pay monthly 19$ and it's gps anywhere through all phone towers...you would have known exactly where your tools were....it's not available yet ,but soon.....sorry to hear about your tools gone...truly sucks ...don't know your circumstances, but my tools stay locked in my truck or in my garage ,in my truck...at work they don't leave my site,if I go to lunch ,I pack em up before I go...

......any video surveillance? Hope it works out.....call Dewalt tell them your story,maybe they will hook you up....

I'm the exact same as you, but they broke a window and grabbed what was worth the most. No surveillance.

Yep calling dewalt is on the cards, hopefully the can look after me but it's a business at the end of the day.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I was done last year, popped the van open on my drive and cleaned me out. 

I doubt these innovations are going to help, the middle men will soon figure out how to remove it from the tool. However, if it's all part of one piece of electronics that's resin filled, then it may prove not worth their while.

Tossers, utter tossers. (Trying to keep my language clean.)

56 minutes ago, Jronman said:

really? I heard about this but wasn't sure if it was true. Didn't see anything about this at DeWALT Experience. Unless I missed it.

The Dewalt Experience was half baked in the first place. They had a number of new things, some of them there, that they didn't even bother to discuss. 

• Like 1

Tool connect info is around, ,,yes definitely has ...gps.. not like tick that relies on other people around you to have tick.....it says it will track a tool within 15ft.....thing is if someone just broke into a van to get tools...1st you get a email, ,text and call to alert you that your tools are out of a range you pick,10ft,50ft ,?......next ..alert the cops..I'm sure the thief does not have time will driving to remove the tool connect or battery or tool before he is caught......you can literally follow him......

I'm not a big electronic guy, and I dissed this before on here regarding tool set ups,torque changing blah blah.....but this "gps" thing is worth the 19$ a month if you have thousands in tools in a high crime area.......

where I live we can leave are vehicles and houses unlocked mostly,, I don't but you can..........dude truly sucks for you or anyone who gets ripped off.....

My tools are all engraved also....in case you do see something out that looks like yours.....

• Like 1

even in my town of around 3000 we have stealing it's not common but does happen. It wouldn't be worth it for me because I don't bring much to work and if I do it is either locked in my car which has an alarm, stored at home, or within sight. I also have some property coverage which should cover stolen tools. It hasn't happened to me but our plumber got a couple thousand in Milwaukee tools stolen from his truck last year. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would be surprised @Tug if that were true. I think Dewalt would give a big discount on new tools and perhaps even give a couple ,of course if there was a police report to show them....I have not had that happen,but I have received a full refund or store credit after even 4-5 yrs ..a couple years past the warranty at Home Depot or contacting them directly........

I find Dewalt as a company pretty darn good at accommodating there customers. Of course I have many other beefs with them but not on this issue...

For the most part I don't think contacting DeWalt directly will do much because there's just so many people getting ripped off that they couldn't keep up with giving out discounts. That being said if you catch a rep at a vendor they will almost definitely toss in a free battery if you buy a kit off them if you tell them what happened. You can almost always get the reps to toss in a free battery regardless though.

So another site had it as tool connect, but it's called "mobile lock" gps 19.99 month,  you lock up your truck or van with the tools in it or job box or ladders held together with a cable...it has alarms,motion detectors, and gps. If someone tries to steal anything it can be silent or sound an alarm ,,you hide it (lick a tag/tick) not on your tool but a bag of tools or tool box anything ...if the box or bag moves your notified.

...if a guy grabbbed your bag of tools and ran it will alarm or be silent and you track him in real time.......Mobile Lock by Dewalt