TTI: Which Brand to Choose (Pulse Driver)?

fm2176

TTI: Which Brand to Choose (Pulse Driver)?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which pulse driver should I consider buying?

• Milwaukee Fuel Surge
    • Ridgid Stealth Force
    • Ryobi Quiet Strike
    • None of that junk - buy Makita!
    • Wait a few years, DeWalt will release a hybrid 120v Max version!

The title says it all.  I'm considering buying a pulse driver in the eventual future and figured I'd gather opinions.  I'm currently invested in Milwaukee with two 9.0Ah and three 5.0Ah batteries, and have two 4.0Ah and one 2.0Ah Ridgid batteries.  However, Ryobi offers some unique tools, so eventually Lime Green tools may supplement the Yellow, Red, and Orange ones.  Conveniently, all three companies have a version of the pulse driver--the Fuel Surge (Milwaukee), Stealth Force (Ridgid), and Quiet Strike (Ryobi).  Intuition tells me to buy the Ridgid kit as a way to amass more batteries and expand that system.  I really don't need the Milwaukee and lack any compact batteries to use with it.  Meanwhile, Ryobi mainly appeals to me for the niche items they offer like the glue gun and inflators, not core tools. 

Essentially, I've kept the bulk of my cordless tool collection Yellow.  Red crept in with outstanding deals (over $1900 in tools for a little over $900), and Ridgid was a recent addition for the sake of comfort.  Naturally, DeWalt does not currently offer a competing model so I'm left wondering: go cheap, go middle-of-the-pack, or go Red?