Sign in to follow this  
Turner85

Bag or bagless

Turner85    184

Not specifically a question for festool users but ive just ordered the ctm36 ac hd and was wondering what people do while planing doors. Stay bagged or go bagless since its not entirely dusty work especially when planing down pine doors. I mean the way some door frames are fitted i end up planing a ton off doors. I could fill a black refuse bag with shavings some days. I didnt order the vac just for this purpose, but since my cordless dewalt planer blocks almost constantly with pine even while taking the bare minimum off im gonna need to connect it up to the vac and dont wanna fill bags with shavings in no time

Jronman    824

@Turner85 I would use a vac because the harmful dust is the dust you can't see. Also would be less cleanup if the vac gets the chips.

Turner85    184
21 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@Turner85 I would use a vac because the harmful dust is the dust you can't see. Also would be less cleanup if the vac gets the chips.

I plan on using it, i was wondering should i take the bag out though as its gonna fill rapid

Jronman    824
14 hours ago, Turner85 said:

I plan on using it, i was wondering should i take the bag out though as its gonna fill rapid

Instead of using the bag in the dust port you use the vac in the dust port.

Turner85    184
6 hours ago, Jronman said:

Instead of using the bag in the dust port you use the vac in the dust port.

Your misunderstanding me or my explanation is bad. I mean the bag inside the vac. Should i use it or not

Jronman    824

ah I understand now. I'm not sure anout the vac bag. If anything you would want a cyclone?

JimboS1ice    7,706
Your misunderstanding me or my explanation is bad. I mean the bag inside the vac. Should i use it or not

You need a bag or a filter other wise everything you suck in the vac would blow right back out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

khariV    698
16 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

You need a bag or a filter other wise everything you suck in the vac would blow right back out

Like most shop vacs, you can run the Festool dust extractors with or without the disposable dust bag installed.  The bags aren't cheap, but you don't buy into Festool to cut costs.

Personally, I always run with the bag to cut down on mess when changing time comes, but then again, I've got a dust deputy on top of my CT36, so I've yet to have to change the bag on the DC itself.

JimboS1ice    7,706
Like most shop vacs, you can run the Festool dust extractors with or without the disposable dust bag installed.  The bags aren't cheap, but you don't buy into Festool to cut costs.

Personally, I always run with the bag to cut down on mess when changing time comes, but then again, I've got a dust deputy on top of my CT36, so I've yet to have to change the bag on the DC itself.

Ah understood, I was thinking of my RIDGID vac no filter it's just a dust pump ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk