Dewalt dcv584l vacuum for sander

Doom64

Far as I know it's the same as the other models, I have the other one and it sucks, not in a good way...no balls...it's ok for light pick up or some wet stuff but not much suction....really don't think it would be ideal for you....but I'm a framer and some other guys on here are shop guys......good luck

First, apologies if this is a legitimate question (and welcome to the forum).

However, I can't help but point this out as another first post by a new user that ignites a discussion about flaws in a tool or a discussion that eventually puts different brands head to head. And, like all of these posts recently, there will be a few posts by other people expressing there opinions before the post author finally replies a week or two later. I'm a little suspicious. It might be a part of the fake online hype generating marketing world or market research by an entity other than an actual tool lover.

Again, I really apologise to the author if this is a legitimate user/post and to the other users for cluttering the forum with my jibbering :-[. I just thought I'd call this one out.

• Thanks 1

I am a real person. :)

Thanks for the replies.

It says on the dewalt website you can connect it to the tools with flexlock, and this is about £100 cheaper than their L class dust extractor.

Because the vacuum and the extractor are both L class I thought the vacuum would be OK on the sander. 

Would I be better spending the extra money and get the L class dust extractor?

Would the extractor get rid of a lot more dust than the Vacuum?

Probably a silly question but will save me time and money, dust goes everywhere when using them sanders.

:)

• Like 1

I personally would go with the 2 hepa filter 10 gallon or 8 gallon unit since they not only have a higher cfm than the cordless vac they also have more storage. The dual filters are nice for being able to go longer periods of time without having to replace the filter.

4 hours ago, Doom64 said:

I am a real person. :)

Thanks for the replies.

It says on the dewalt website you can connect it to the tools with flexlock, and this is about £100 cheaper than their L class dust extractor.

Because the vacuum and the extractor are both L class I thought the vacuum would be OK on the sander. 

Would I be better spending the extra money and get the L class dust extractor?

Would the extractor get rid of a lot more dust than the Vacuum?

Probably a silly question but will save me time and money, dust goes everywhere when using them sanders.

:)

The little DeWALT vacuums are great if you are going to clean your car, truck or in the nooks a crannies in a trailer out or you are going to clean up a little sawdust on a job site for something like a counter top or kitchen cabinets install. It is not in the same league as a big HEPA filtered vacuum. The two big dust extractors will move a lot more air plus have an alternating self clean feature that cleans one filter while continuing to pull vacuum through the other making them great for hooking to a sander. The big difference between the two is mobility, the 8 gallon has 4 3" wheels (2 swivel) while the 10 gallon has 2 larger fixed wheels and an extendable handle, making it better for the job site, while the 8 gallon is more compact and better suited to shop use. Another small difference between the two is the 10 gallon has variable suction and the 8 does not. Both have the ability to have a tool plugged into them so that when you turn the tool on the vacuum starts up and then it runs for a little bit after the tool is shut off.