When Dogs go to Heaven.

comp56

Today we are sending our beloved Chevy to heaven. A place where she can be young again, for  over 18yrs she was loyal and protective of everyone she knew. We are very sad and yet proud of her for 18 yrs.
God bless you girl one day we will be together again

21558804_1302456903210755_2471186604424971513_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Sorry man, that's never easy. I lost my boy in January and though I love my new puppy, I think about the boy I lost several times a day. We were soo lucky to have known them, great dogs that we loved and were loved by. We are soo lucky to have dogs but we're burdened with the curse of having to watch them go too soon.

thanks guys, funny how just one day can make you think.....chevy claimed our recliner in the living room  2 living room sets ago. she would sleep on that chair every night. each time we got a new set she would claim the chair. This morning it hit me because the sound of the chair as she jumped off of it didn't happen this morning. I realized this morning this is not going to be easy for awhile. Our little 3 yr old pepsi seems to be missing her too, wanted to go outside then inside then outside back and forth obviously looking for her big sister......wife had said awhile ago when chevy goes we would wait a long time if at all to get another pup......this morning already she is making phone calls looking for a new puppy....

10 hours ago, comp56 said:

thanks guys, funny how just one day can make you think.....chevy claimed our recliner in the living room  2 living room sets ago. she would sleep on that chair every night. each time we got a new set she would claim the chair. This morning it hit me because the sound of the chair as she jumped off of it didn't happen this morning. I realized this morning this is not going to be easy for awhile. Our little 3 yr old pepsi seems to be missing her too, wanted to go outside then inside then outside back and forth obviously looking for her big sister......wife had said awhile ago when chevy goes we would wait a long time if at all to get another pup......this morning already she is making phone calls looking for a new puppy....

I made it two days before going to the shelter, I couldn't stand the silence. We had one that outlived three other dogs, he'd go into a deep depression when his dog passed, we always got a dog quickly because he'd mope around then he'd start freaking out and demanding to go for a walk...he'd noticeably be looking for something the whole time, it was heartbreaking.

Terrible weekend. I'd refrained from posting out of respect, but we got a Great Dane pup last week. Papers, good blood line, etc. $1400 dog, but we got her for $800 through a friend who deals with the breeder a lot. Sharp as a tack. 

We went camping with some good friends of ours. The had an 8 month old Great Dane and were actually the ones who convinced my wife to get one. We took the Danes with us and had a great time until we woke up this morning and found their Dane dead. 

Had to have been heart failure. Yesterday he was playing with the kids and having the time of her short life. Went to bed around midnight. He went out to pee at 3:30 and was fine. Went back to his kennel and went back to sleep. When we woke up at 7:00 he was dead. No struggle that would indicate a seizure or anything, no bowl movements, just went to sleep and didn't wake up. 

IMG_8254.thumb.JPG.56cf12c0e7a37ded6172ef86d0450098.JPG

IMG_8257.thumb.JPG.1a921ed791cf548810993fb75c3956d0.JPG

Breeder has an excellent reputation, has already refunded the price of the dog, and has requested a vial of blood to have tested. 

Pretty sad way to end such a nice trip ☹️

• Sad 1

On 9/25/2017 at 1:10 AM, Conductor562 said:

Terrible weekend. I'd refrained from posting out of respect, but we got a Great Dane pup last week. Papers, good blood line, etc. $1400 dog, but we got her for $800 through a friend who deals with the breeder a lot. Sharp as a tack. 

We went camping with some good friends of ours. The had an 8 month old Great Dane and were actually the ones who convinced my wife to get one. We took the Danes with us and had a great time until we woke up this morning and found their Dane dead. 

Had to have been heart failure. Yesterday he was playing with the kids and having the time of her short life. Went to bed around midnight. He went out to pee at 3:30 and was fine. Went back to his kennel and went back to sleep. When we woke up at 7:00 he was dead. No struggle that would indicate a seizure or anything, no bowl movements, just went to sleep and didn't wake up. 

IMG_8254.thumb.JPG.56cf12c0e7a37ded6172ef86d0450098.JPG

IMG_8257.thumb.JPG.1a921ed791cf548810993fb75c3956d0.JPG

Breeder has an excellent reputation, has already refunded the price of the dog, and has requested a vial of blood to have tested. 

Pretty sad way to end such a nice trip ☹️

that's to bad, my brother had  2 different danes but got tired of only having them for around 6 yrs. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 11:29 AM, comp56 said:

Today we are sending our beloved Chevy to heaven. A place where she can be young again, for  over 18yrs she was loyal and protective of everyone she knew. We are very sad and yet proud of her for 18 yrs.
God bless you girl one day we will be together again

21558804_1302456903210755_2471186604424971513_n.jpg

Nothing better then a dog in your life and nothing worse then losing one. We went through that in May of this year. I cried for a week. Sorry for your loss.