Makita battery info

kat

Does anyone know what kind of cells do Makita batteries use?

I noticed the 4ah battery has the text 5INR19/65-2 text printed on it and the 5ah has 5INR19/66-2. What does that mean?

And some say "Made in vietnam", others "Cell made in Singapore. Pack processed in China". What does pack processing mean? Is China bad?

And can we find out how many cycles did a battery complete, like on milwaukee? 

1 hour ago, kornomaniac said:

Do they still use Sony since the batteries have a fuel gauge ?

Just might have been a coincidence of course but the Few batteries I opened up since the fuel guages ( only 3 batteries I think ) were samsung

What batteries were they. All my 2.0s and 4.0s with fuel gauges (from 2016)  have Sony cells. Two non gauge 5.0s from 2014 have the blue Samsung 25r cells. A non gauge 5.0 from 2015 has Sony cells. A 1.5 from 2015 and 1 from 2016 both have Samsung 15m cells. I have seen Sony cells in the 6.0s. I don't know about newer manufactured packs though.

One thing I have noticed is that my batteries with Samsung cells have a QR code next date code and serial number and the ones with Sony cells don't have a QR code and the date code and serial number are look ingraved instead of being printed.

Samsung inr18650 25r are good cells. They support a max of 20A discharge.

What about the Sony cells? What model is it?

I heard that Bosch batteries are the best and last the longest and that Makita's batteries are the worst and die pretty quickly

1 hour ago, kat said:

I heard that Bosch batteries are the best and last the longest and that Makita's batteries are the worst and die pretty quickly

Sony US18650VTC5 in the 5AH and Sony US18650VTC4 in the 4AH

2 hours ago, kat said:

5 isch years ago. Yeah. No balanced charging in the older Makita batteries. Led to alot of problems.

But every brand had their bad times. Milaukee v18 died like flies. Bosch lithium 7/8 years ago died all the time. 

The tech just had to grow up :)

Nowadays? All thesame stuff really. 

• 1 year later...

I have bought both over he years. The Makita last a few years, but for the price, AM ones will do you 12 months, but... With tha AM ones, it is hit and miss. I buy 4 at a time, and 2 only last a month. I have gone back to buying Genuine, at the hardware as I am a roofer and use mine hard, every day. However for a home person who has their tools in the shed, I would buy the cheaper ones, as the Makita ones may die through lack of use.