My wife says I have a problem

rcarnes911

All depends on your use long term. I see the older compact impact 885 ? .....IMO the dcf 887 impact and the dcd791 are the best out there...also the 899 is a beast (yes Milwaukee finally beat it with (1400) lbs ..but it'll do everything you need..and thanks to @ChrisK ..I got the 20v sds plus and what a pleasure it is to drill holes....I hear a dcn692 next gen is coming so I might wait on that,plus Hitachi has a new battery framer that looks nice........your killing me  when I look at that fan...I love getting tools first...good job !

All depends on your use long term. I see the older compact impact 885 ? .....IMO the dcf 887 impact and the dcd791 are the best out there...also the 899 is a beast (yes Milwaukee finally beat it with (1400) lbs ..but it'll do everything you need..and thanks to [mention=2255]ChrisK[/mention] ..I got the 20v sds plus and what a pleasure it is to drill holes....I hear a dcn692 next gen is coming so I might wait on that,plus Hitachi has a new battery framer that looks nice........your killing me  when I look at that fan...I love getting tools first...good job !
Yeah the 885 is starting to show it's age but i don't think I will replace it until it needs it I'm leaning towards the nail guns first unless I find a good deal for the impact

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have heard the 16g or 15g DeWALT nailers are a good choice for general purpose battery nailers. I have heard mixed reviews on the framer some like it some don't. I would guess the rumored gen 3 framer will be a nice improvement.
Yeah the framer does get mixed reviews, I have also read that using a 6.0+ battery helps to minimize the problems. But I would like to see a gen 3 soon but I doubt it will be before I buy

5 minutes ago, rcarnes911 said:

Lol, it's a beast that won't die

You don't know what you're missing, it's a night and day difference!  I use mine more than any other tool. 

• Like 1

@Jronman..I'm waiting for the 10" flex mitre, the 12" is too big and heavy for my deck work, but we have two for framing ,it's a nice saw  I make the laborers carry it, and set it up..lol.......as far as a track saw,....NO....it's not my thing. We have a Festool track saw at work and it cuts a perfect line,rafters,plywood etc..I've tried and .I just can't get used to it, I've been framing and doing decks 30 plus years, maybe it's an age thing. ........ever see a guy cut a log with a chainsaw carving an eagle or bear and be like Picasso?  That's me with a circular saw, its like a part of my arm.....

Yeah, I use that 887 all the time. It’s a pure beast and a lot of people whine about that speed 1 but it’s actually quite useful once you get used to it. Especially when working delicate stuff.

Yea you can scramble a couple eggs and read the morning paper being the impact engages ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea you can scramble a couple eggs and read the morning paper being the impact engages ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I like Jimbo. Fine piece of furniture to assemble after being crafted, some eggs. A TIA video to watch....and the slow bang bang bang of an 887 👍

• Like 1