Loving school right now!

n8n82250

So I made it into this welding program that my school funds and I get a $15,000 welding certificate after my 2 years there. So far I'm in love with it. I've already done MIG welding, plasma cutting, and oxyfuel cutting. I go to the school for half of the day and then I go back to regular school for the last half of the day. It's pretty great.401c96e35a5846a0c4b3ec2b6d5b7e87.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 10/3/2017 at 8:25 PM, BMack37 said:

Awesome! That's one skill that is super valuable, there are always jobs for welders.

I totally agree.

People I went to high school with graduated from college. They cant find a job but still have loan payments. At the same time I had paid training an lots to do. I love my current work but if needed plenty of other companies are hiring. It's not the easiest job but I love it. 

• Like 2

Yeah just make sure you get good. Plenty of us guys who are good enough but not good. We're good to have around but won't ever make good money. Be your own boss if you can. At the very least don't work for someone who isn't very familiar with welding. Had my boss tell me to tig weld up some cracks in a stainless screen roller on some manure equipment. Was expecting me to try even though I could see I wasn't about to weld metal worn down to about 18 gauge, still a mesh, and with a quarter inch gap with an entry level Tig so I wasted three hours driving, setting up, and trying then put stuff away and driving back while I had downed equipment that needed attention because he couldn't wrap his head around how that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Welding is a great skill to have, both for personal reasons and for employment potential.  When I was an Army Recruiter, I spent a lot of time in the welding shops; not trying to recruit the students, but rather talking with the teachers and watching some of the projects students worked on.  Some of the more serious students, who received certifications prior to graduation, secured jobs paying $26 or more an hour straight out of high school.  Even those who weren't trying to make it a job were proficient enough to help out on the farm or around the house. 

Right now, I'm 9 semester hours away from a bachelor's in Criminal Justice, but I hope to use some of my GI Bill to learn some more trades prior to retirement.  I'd love to become a better welder (okay, a welder period - it's been twenty years since I last ran a bead), as well as learning locksmithing and perhaps gunsmithing.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, maxwarne1 said:

I would like to know about the  online visa application for canada from pakistan. I want to go there for study purpose so that please help me with it. I would appreciate to you if you will help me.

It seems you have good English, why don't you search for a right place to ask your questions?!!! Here is to ask about tools as it is clear with the name "Tools In Action", No?!!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Altan said:

It seems you have good English, why don't you search for a right place to ask your questions?!!! Here is to ask about tools as it is clear with the name "Tools In Action", No?!!!!!!!!

All set

• Like 1