Dewalt chain saws

glass

4 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

Love the DCCS620! Just tore up a log today with 1x 9.0ah toasted and 1 bar gone on the next. Maxed out the bar length on each side with 1 thermal overload. Cooled down in a few minutes. 8a1e7322110079351bf4669981d42af9.jpgf08ac31bdcd16f54ab0b452a999abe19.jpg3cdba311f150994b0553011effea5a83.jpg

I'm actually impressed by that. Where is the Gas Stihl hiding in the pics ?

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, JakeDewalt said:

Just coming back from Key West which was directly hit by Hurricane Irma and I beg to differ.

I don't believe in battery chainsaws.

A guy had the makita 2 battery was seriously a joke. 

Well see, that was the problem right there.... It was a Makita

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2017 at 9:28 PM, JakeDewalt said:

Just coming back from Key West which was directly hit by Hurricane Irma and I beg to differ.

I don't believe in battery chainsaws.

A guy had the makita 2 battery was seriously a joke. 

1) You should have hit me up and got a beer. 

2) Key West wasn't directly hit by Irma, Big Pine, Summerland and Cudjoe Key got the buisness. I stayed in Key Largo for the storm at my friends house.  

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

1) You should have hit me up and got a beer. 

2) Key West wasn't directly hit by Irma, Big Pine, Summerland and Cudjoe Key got the buisness. I stayed in Key Largo for the storm at my friends house.  

Didn't know u lived there,

We worked primarily at Theater of the Sea and a couple other private residences 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the noob question, I know the baby chainsaw has tool-free chain tensioning but can someone confirm what (if any) tools are needed to remove the entire bar? The manual isn’t 100% clear on this.

I’m planning to pick up a couple of bare tools while I’m in Florida in December and breaking down the chainsaw will help me pack it into my luggage. O0

3 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Apologies for the noob question, I know the baby chainsaw has tool-free chain tensioning but can someone confirm what (if any) tools are needed to remove the entire bar? The manual isn’t 100% clear on this.

I’m planning to pick up a couple of bare tools while I’m in Florida in December and breaking down the chainsaw will help me pack it into my luggage. O0

No tools required. Twist the knob counterclockwise to remove the black housing. Twist the tensioning knob to give enough slack. Done - 10 seconds give or take.

I take it apart after every use to clean out the accumulated debris. I found out that if you don’t the bar/chain oil wicks out and you end up having a mess on the floor of your work van or counter.