Milwaukee vs Makita combo

Vgk

About the same really, Makita offers more woodworking tools where Milwaukee has a lot of electrician and plumbing trade tools, Personally I am in the Milwaukee line up but I like a lot of the Makita Tools as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Milwaukee line and my next favorite brand would be Makita...but that Dewalt kit is a damn nice deal.

I'd say you don''t really need a brushless drill, impact driver or reciprocating saw but you'd definitely want a brushless circular saw for power.

I don't think I'd trade a full sized recip saw for the brushed m18 hackzall and a radio. The Dewalt is an upgrade across the board but you have to buy a recip saw, about $100-$120.

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

And DeWalt has yet to release a 20v brushless reciprocating saw unless I missed something. That Makita kit is going to serve you better for wood working than the Milwaukee kit. The Milwaukee kit is all older tools as well.

XR kit with recip....

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-XR-4-Tool-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-Li-ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-with-Soft-Case/1000208109

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rrich1 said:

I'm vested into Makita and Bosch but this kit from DeWalt is pretty hard to beat.

DEWALT 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit (6-Tool)

https://homedepot.app.link/o4RW4KSs4G

My biggest concern with that kit would be how a circular saw or recip saw for that matter would run on compact batteries.  For home use making a few cuts here and there it's probably fine I just know personally I don't like how under powered compact batteries make some higher draw tools.

My biggest concern with that kit would be how a circular saw or recip saw for that matter would run on compact batteries.  For home use making a few cuts here and there it's probably fine I just know personally I don't like how under powered compact batteries make some higher draw tools.
While I agree I don't know anyone who only has 2 batteries. There are always sales and combo deals with higher capacity batteries so I don't feel it is an issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk