so whats next in the dewalt pipeline?

framer

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

far as I know I have never used a barrel jigsaw.

@justinkendall could try the corded Festool?

Yeah but I'm trying to stay away from cords. It is an option and I don't really need a jigsaw often. I'll probably hold out a little while longer and see if anyone either DeWalt or Milwaukee come out with one.

5 minutes ago, justinkendall said:

Yeah but I'm trying to stay away from cords. It is an option and I don't really need a jigsaw often. I'll probably hold out a little while longer and see if anyone either DeWalt or Milwaukee come out with one.

*cough* Bosch *cough* They have a 12v and a corded barrel grip, Makita also has a barrel grip corded one. You can try my cordless Bosch if you want.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 9:53 AM, Rtorres092382 said:

Pretty much my exact wishlist. Throw in a 20v biscuit joiner and I'll be pretty close to complete.

Yes to all of that. But also a roofing nailer. Not sure why that wasn’t one of the first guns. High battery turnover rate maybe?

5 hours ago, Sarbatche said:

Yes to all of that. But also a roofing nailer. Not sure why that wasn’t one of the first guns. High battery turnover rate maybe?

I think the issue would be cycling the tool. Roofers can lay down shingles fast.

• Like 1

I hear ya @JimboS1ice...never anti red or any other color , I own them all...just Dewalt has the cordless framing tools I need,no one else’s does.. not that their any better (except the 60v tools are unmatched) then Milwaukee or Bosch ...I don’t like cordless Makita tools....

....however we cut hundreds if not thousands of radius curves for our roof flairs...the barrel grip works much better and for finishing stair stringer cuts  or any cut , I’m old school I use a hand saw....lol...never tried the Milwaukee jigsaw, but the Dewalt works great ,just easier and more accurate with a barrel grip.....

Ok, as we’ve drifted into the Twilight Zone, how about a 18/20V hard skin remover?

If you cross Gollum with a rhino, you’d probably end up with something that resembled the soles of my feet so the new toy better have an extraction port too!

I can live without a rafter hook on this one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Ok, as we’ve drifted into the Twilight Zone, how about a 18/20V hard skin remover?

If you cross Gollum with a rhino, you’d probably end up with something that resembled the soles of my feet so the new toy better have an extraction port too!

I can live without a rafter hook on this one.

Thanks for your contribution to the topic lol.

You seem to need a Screwdriver for all the loose screws.

Cordless bottle jack. Cordless winch. A guy can dream.

Really though hear me out on this one. Cordless actual power supply. I'm talking just two terminals DC out. All it is is a box with the electronics to make sure it cuts out if the battery gets hot and doesn't drain below the threshold. They would kill with battery sales. There are unlimited uses for such a thing and I believe a huge demand. Yeah people have hacked them together all over the internet, but this would be so much better. $50 power supply to get people to buy into your batteries seems like a smart move to me, but then again what do I know.

40V OPE:

Power washer, self propelled lawn mower, and telescoping pole saw OR a system like Ego has where you can change out the heads on your pole equipment. Maybe it’ll all come out in the GIE+Expo. 

Flexvolt:

120V 10” table saw and a 120V tile bridge saw with collapsible rolling stand. 

Lastly, multi-battery charging power packs that incorporate with the Tough System for all platforms!

Why they put out the tough system radio which can only take up to 5ah batteries at the same time they put out Flexvolt and 6ah batteries that don’t fit is beyond me.  So it’d be nice to update the radio.  Also I see they started producing coolers.  I would think it would be fairly obvious to them to make coolers that are tough system compatible.  You could have an entire tailgating set up with the cooler, radio, storage and power station.  

Dewalt, at least send me the tailgating package when you decide to sell those after reading this! Lol

• Like 1

The radio doesn't consume enough energy to constitute using flexvolt for power (2ah @ 8hrs IIRC), and the charger is shit and would take all day to charge a flexvolt. 

It's a useless proposition. I'd take a compact unit over one designed for a useless feature. Now if it had a rapid charger I'd agree but thus far I don't believe anything with an accessory charger has been anything but shit thus far for whatever reasons, probably cost and uninformed purchasers. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 7:24 AM, Sarbatche said:

What If I told you I am almost positive that one is in the pipe....shall we say a nondisclosure agreement prevents further elaboration.  1st rule of fight club.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarbatche said:

Flexvolt:

120V 10” table saw and a 120V tile bridge saw with collapsible rolling stand. 

Yes to a 120V table saw, why they opted for 60 volt instead of building it like the miter saw I will never understand. I like the portability of a cordless table saw and the benefit of using it anywhere without a need for power, but when I'm somewhere with power why should I have to drain batteries. The 120V version should have two miter slots, be capable of being plugged in, and support at least a small dado stack.

5 hours ago, Bill539 said:

Why they put out the tough system radio which can only take up to 5ah batteries at the same time they put out Flexvolt and 6ah batteries that don’t fit is beyond me.  So it’d be nice to update the radio.  Also I see they started producing coolers.  I would think it would be fairly obvious to them to make coolers that are tough system compatible.  You could have an entire tailgating set up with the cooler, radio, storage and power station.  

Dewalt, at least send me the tailgating package when you decide to sell those after reading this! Lol

Because the storage team designed the tough system radio and apparently don’t talk to the cordless tool department.

3 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Yes to a 120V table saw, why they opted for 60 volt instead of building it like the miter saw I will never understand. I like the portability of a cordless table saw and the benefit of using it anywhere without a need for power, but when I'm somewhere with power why should I have to drain batteries. The 120V version should have two miter slots, be capable of being plugged in, and support at least a small dado stack.

10” was the plan for the 60v max, osha updated table saw regulations; a 10” saw needs a bigger table now. They could delay the product and make a bigger table or put out what they had designed with a smaller blade. My understanding is a 120v 10” hybrid based on the rolling stand model with 32” rip is in the pipe. I expected it to be announced last summer but was mistaken, as is often the case 😭

• Like 1

@Bill539 Agreed. tough system compatible cooler is a no brainer. I have also seen battery powered coolers and making one that is compatible with all DEWALT 20v and 60v batteries wouldn't be too hard.

@Cr8ondt you talking cordless coil roofing nailer? Would there be any concern about the nailer sliding off the roof and breaking?

I'd also like a gen 2 multitool with starlock that has legacy support for the gen 1 accessories. I'd also like it to have 3 led's: one on the front, one on the left, and one on the right. It would make working in tight dark areas easier because there will be light all around instead of just forward. I'd also like it to not only have variable speed trigger but also some kind of variable lock whether it be an addition of a speed dial or something else. Some vibration reduction would also be a plus. Maybe there could also be a starlock plus or starlock max in the flexvolt line.

44 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@Cr8ondt you talking cordless coil roofing nailer? Would there be any concern about the nailer sliding off the roof and breaking?

I'd assume a coil nailer, I've never heard of any other type of roof gun.  Probably no less concern than any pneumatic nailers falling off a roof.  I'd guess the biggest holdup is speed and shots per charge (obviously), so I'd think the best form of marketing would be for repairs and small garage/shed jobs.  This is solely speculation on my part.

A few of the more recent products to hit the market I was asked for my "insight" on are the chain saw and mower, and another more vaguely worded one was regarding the Graco sprayer(and maybe more)