so whats next in the dewalt pipeline?

framer

2 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-flexvolt-10-and-8-5-flexvolt-sliding-miter-saws-outside-usa/

8.5 or 10inch

Both lighter than 12 and run 60v 1 battery

Ive only seen the 8 inch not the 10 but if they are the same design the big problem with them is that the only bevel one way. I just find it annoying when i have to flip work pieces around or turn them over and mark the back minus the mitre width etc especially in a tight work environment. If i was dual bevel I would buy one tomorrow. It would be great if they made a 10 inch in the same design as the corded 10 inch which is a great saw.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, framer said:

why do these european saws have these odd handles that look like a worm drive?

I had never seen that kind of Mitre saw in New Zealand before the Dewalt cordless one. It almost like it is just a flexvolt circular saw with some rails attached lol. I am informed that it is a good and handy saw though. It's Just single bevel saws aren't for me presonally.

4 hours ago, Turner85 said:

Why brushless anything? Longer runtime, probably more power and no brushes

I held of getting the jigsaw for a while because I want a brushless one, but then I got one and it is brilliant. It is really nicely made I love the blade release mechanism, blower function and quick change bevel angle. A cordless jigsaw is actually a really great tool you wouldn't think it needs to be cordless but when you are cutting around corners etc you don't have to worry about running over the cord and the cord twisting all over the place. Anyway the moral of the story is the current Dewalt jigsaw is great and don't be silly like me and hold off buying it as the current one becaise you are missing out 

• Thanks 2

I held of getting the jigsaw for a while because I want a brushless one, but then I got one and it is brilliant. It is really nicely made I love the blade release mechanism, blower function and quick change bevel angle. A cordless jigsaw is actually a really great tool you wouldn't think it needs to be cordless but when you are cutting around corners etc you don't have to worry about running over the cord and the cord twisting all over the place. Anyway the moral of the story is the current Dewalt jigsaw is great and don't be silly like me and hold off buying it as the current one becaise you are missing out 

I think very few people run a jigsaw more than an hour a day - the kind of usage that would benefit from brushless.

While a reciprocating saw drains batteries with a quickness, a jigsaw will run a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Getting back to wishlists I'd like to talk about stationary tools that I'd love to see in black and yellow:

• Oscillating spindle sander
  • Benchtop drill press

I feel like they're only scratching the surface with the scroll saw. Don't get me wrong because I'd like to see a lathe, drum sander and cabinet saw but I'm not sure how feasible those would be.

I don't know if we will see too much expansion in bench top tools. I just dosen't seem to be a market most companies seem to be interested in. Most of them are made by a few different companies in Taiwan and China sold in different colors.

I'd buy 20v respirator. Something like this. Looks more comfortable than a disposable mask or cheap non disposable. No nose soreness and the powered function would seem like it would make breathing easier since air would be flowing in. Also has another benefit that it acts as eye protection too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-M0ybJd6weCwLP1y8KJe

• Like 2

I hadn't thought about air helmets for quite awhile. I have three or four Racal Airstream setups packed away here somewhere. Holy rack a monkey Monday, I could have sold them for a boat load more than I originally paid for them if I had tried to sell them a few years back. Unfortunately, filter packs for them are near impossible to come by, with the exception of the breath easy unit, and also super expensive. Prior to Racal Airstream giving up the ghost, I had purchased some replacement parts and those are now worth their weight too. After looking at the price of the battery packs (3M) for them, I could have swallowed my teeth. Honestly, I do not see the value that 3M attributes to the system and their attitude is probably why that particular tool system is no longer readily available outside of the used Market.

The units I have are eminently functional, but, without access to chemical filter packs, it is looking like their only true value will be as parts.

On 10/17/2017 at 12:23 AM, applepie said:

I actually own the makita brushless barrel grip. Good jigsaw but has two really annoying things about it, soft start which doesn't speed up till feels pressure against the blade which is sometimes a nuisance to trigger in lighter materials, on/off switch which requires a second hand to turn off. I only mentioned the dewalt because it is one of the more popular tools that hasn't made the transition to brushless yet

I'd like to see a barrel grip jigsaw like the Festool Carvex. I hate the top handle / d handle (whatever the proper term is) jigsaws with a passion. I'm still hoping for a Milwaukee version but if DeWalt comes out with one first I'm jumping on it. I don't want to spend $500+ for the Festool and be into another battery platform. Bare tool under $200 would be perfect.

• Like 1

The Dewalt jig works great ,but I too prefer barrel grip....the Bosch 18v barrel grip jig is a fantastic. It should be they invented it.....wish Dewalt would give us more options, less gadget stuff....

Depends on the application, for finer work I like a barrel grip, curves, scrolling, detail work but (I know your anti-red) lol however I use the m18 jig for more HD work like finishing out stair treads and rougher work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk