so whats next in the dewalt pipeline?

framer

Why they put out the tough system radio which can only take up to 5ah batteries at the same time they put out Flexvolt and 6ah batteries that don’t fit is beyond me.  So it’d be nice to update the radio.  Also I see they started producing coolers.  I would think it would be fairly obvious to them to make coolers that are tough system compatible.  You could have an entire tailgating set up with the cooler, radio, storage and power station.  

Dewalt, at least send me the tailgating package when you decide to sell those after reading this! Lol

Tough system radio was out a good year or so before the flexvolt release

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

The half dozen guys with 40v Max gear will be so excited. (Yes, I realize there are actually more than six of them, there are probably dozens lol). 

I'm no landscaper but doesn't the string trimmer just do the edge while the lawnmower does the bulk. What's the point of a longer string trimmer when you only need 10-12 in ,mower gets the rest.

I'm no landscaper but doesn't the string trimmer just do the edge while the lawnmower does the bulk. What's the point of a longer string trimmer when you only need 10-12 in ,mower gets the rest.

Knock down tall grass, weeds light brush, cut ditches where you can’t get a mower in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, JakeDewalt said:

Depends on if the lawnmower can actually get to the area. If you have a wide, steep ditch for example the mower probably isn't going to easily deal with it.

6 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

In many cases yes but it can do much more than edging a lawn.

8 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

The longer the string is, the higher the speed of the end of the string.

• 2 weeks later...

I think very few people run a jigsaw more than an hour a day - the kind of usage that would benefit from brushless.

While a reciprocating saw drains batteries with a quickness, a jigsaw will run a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since the new drain snake is brushless I'd be very surprised if the upcoming jigsaw is brushed

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

I know dewalt is more focused on carpentry than metal fab but seeing this new concrete saw and the dcs577 sure makes me wish they would come out with a flexvolt metal circular saw. The m18 fuel 5 3/8 metal circ saw still amazes me every time I use it because I can't believe how much it can do.  But I have to believe it would be like the difference from the m18 fuel 7 1/4 saw to dcs577, if the came out with a flex metal circ with somewhere around a 7" to 8" blade.