Disgruntled Milwaukee user

dontbuymilwaukee

I bought the Milwaukee impact M18 Fuel drill and driver set.  First impressions very good.  Then the chuck on the drill failed after a few months and Milwaukee claim it only has a 90 day warranty.  WTF.  They say it is a 'wearable item'. WTF.  So the motor isn't ?  The bearings aren't ? The On-Off switch isn;'t?  Perhaps if the chuck wasn't so crap in design then they would have a longer warranty.

Never buy Milwaukee again.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, khariV said:

This sounds fishy - I'd love to know who said the chuck was subject to wear and not under warranty.  Dodgy service center perhaps?

That's what I was thinking we have had a few guys have issues with service centers being shitty either trying to get money for a repair, or they just don't want to deal with even doing the repair. I honestly think the rates they get for warranty work must suck it could just be flat rate of a few bucks and they just send it in.

I've had no issues with warranty repairs. My M-Spector went to the service center last Fall and they sent it out to be repaired. Came back within a week and it was just over 3 years old at the time. A few months ago I sent back a 8 month old 1.5ah M18 battery due to failure to charge. I went through eService for it and had a brand new 1.5ah battery in my hands in a week.

I actually really like the chuck's on my Milwaukee drills.

• Like 1

The only problem I ever had with Milwaukee service was with a service center.  The screw knob that secures the sliding head on my 12" SCMS sheared off and the body of the bolt was of course stuck in the threads.  The saw was only a year old but the service center said that it wasn't under warranty because that was a consumable part and they couldn't figure out how to charge back to Milwaukee for the work to drill it out and replace it. I ended up paying I think $50 (a half hour of tech time) to drill it out and like $15 for a new knob screw.  It sucked, but I wasn't about to pack up a 75 lbs saw and ship it back, even on someone else's dime.

• 3 years later...
On 10/16/2017 at 9:00 PM, DR99 said:

That's what I was thinking we have had a few guys have issues with service centers being shitty either trying to get money for a repair, or they just don't want to deal with even doing the repair. I honestly think the rates they get for warranty work must suck it could just be flat rate of a few bucks and they just send it in.

I personally use the milwaukee eservice all the time I have had to send in numerous 18 volt fuel tools and have nothing but SUPER SERVICE most of the time a replacement sent.  One of them the chuck was bent in about 42 different ways (or so) totally warranted.  No questions no if, ands, or buts.  My husband does maintenance on gas plants where they separate crude oil into propane, oil methane etc.so his milwaukee tools are a must.

• 7 months later...