My wife won us some of tools!

ikepete

A lot of that stuff is very usable so it's a damn fine win!

The brushes are good, the picks are decent, cable ties are decent, magnetic bowl is great, light is good, bag is good, box cutter and tarp are good.

Tape measure is NOT good, it's off a little but good to use if you just need a ballpark.

The pliers set is very useful, they're sloppy but they work just fine. They really shine because they're easily and cheap to replace, so they're great to modify. I needed a plier that could grip onto vintage electronics knobs, I took the slip joint and ground the teeth down, opened the jaws up a little then covered the jaws in adhesive shrink wrap...works perfectly.

I've also found in testing that the multimeter, while not safe to use on high voltage, is pretty accurate.

• Like 1

A lot of that stuff is very usable so it's a damn fine win!

The brushes are good, the picks are decent, cable ties are decent, magnetic bowl is great, light is good, bag is good, box cutter and tarp are good.

Tape measure is NOT good, it's off a little but good to use if you just need a ballpark.

The pliers set is very useful, they're sloppy but they work just fine. They really shine because they're easily and cheap to replace, so they're great to modify. I needed a plier that could grip onto vintage electronics knobs, I took the slip joint and ground the teeth down, opened the jaws up a little then covered the jaws in adhesive shrink wrap...works perfectly.

I've also found in testing that the multimeter, while not safe to use on high voltage, is pretty accurate.

They are the tools you let other people borrow lol. You make a good point about the modification. You’re not out much if you have to modify them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ikepete said:

They are the tools you let other people borrow lol. You make a good point about the modification. You’re not out much if you have to modify them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep HF screwdrivers around for that very reason. If someone asks to borrow a tool, almost always they're getting a HF tool or they're getting me to do it for them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...