Pull the trigger on the 60v table saw or hold out for 120v

Bill539

Looking to get a new table saw.  Sold my old larger delta as I didn’t have the space for it and I usually have to take my projects outside.  I figured I’d go Flexvolt.  Does anybody know if there are plans for a 10 inch 120v or just go ahead and get the 60v.  Thanks.

Glad to hear the 60v is a beast.  My luck will be that I’d get the 60v and the next day the 120v will be revealed and I’d regret it.  Maybe I’ll hold out through Christmas and either see if they come out with it or catch a good deal on the 60.  Thanks fellas.

• Like 1

Look For HomeDepot Clearance Racks i seen for 350 a lot.

If you are a mobile worker who performs his work at the clients property this is the perfect Saw.

I do feel like you need a 9ah to get the full expectation 

It really benefits from the flexvolt blades I bought a diablo and took it off because of the added kerf and strain on the Saw, since then just using flexvolt blades 

Rumor was that the flexvolt 10in was originally supposed to be a flexvolt launch item but due to changes in minimum table size regulations it was delayed. I expect it to be hybrid in 2 ways. Hybrid in the fact that it can fit the 120v adapter but hybrid in another sense that it would be in the same class as the Ridgid and Delta hybrid table saws. I'm hoping we see a glimpse of the saw at STAFDA 2017. I have the flexvolt table saw and it does the job at least for a starter table saw. Long as I have charged batteries it does what I have needed it to do.

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

The only thing that kept me from the FV was the odd blade size, cordless didn’t matter to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a lot of tasks on a table saw I’d expect you can toss on a 7.25” blade; less deflection and they’re cheap as chips. I’ve got some Freud Industrial blades but generally stick with Diablo for ripping stuff down.

Odd blade size is mitigated by the calendar saying 2017 and not 1987; blade selection online is ridiculous, prices are great, and there are a plethora of blades available from CMT, Freud, etc. 

That said, a 10” would have probably 10x the blade selection. 8-8.25 still has everything you could need in a wide variety of kerf, grind, tooth count, etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one, based mostly on the recommendations here and various reviews online.  Paid $200 but it was a display that is missing the charger and blade.

Six more months at my current job and in school, then I hope to have enough time to use all the stuff I've accumulated!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dilloncorr said:

I’m really liking mine. Gotta say the stock blade is really rough.... not for thin veneer work!! Replace that right off the bat unless you’re just ripping down 2x4s or timbers!

It comes with the 24 Tooth Blade

But they sell a 36 Tooth for finer work. Try that one 

Ive made Faux Columns with the 36T and had glue ready joints.

The Saw is very precise out the box 

So I picked up the 60V tablesaw at HD yesterday for $250, new in box.  I really dont need it, as i have a Ridgid 3650 in my shop, and the dewalt 7499 job site saw.  but when i saw that price I just couldnt pass it up.  I already have 7 of the smaller 60V batteries, so i should be good on power.

So I have a couple questions.  First, is this really going to fill a need for me?  I know only I can answer that; but to those guys that already have a corded jobsite saw, do you find yourself going more with the flexvolt saw out of convenience, or sticking with the corded saw for capacity and power?

Secondly, has anyone run a dado on the flexvolt?  I'm currently putting some PVC window trim which has a rabbit cut for the siding to slide under.  For the ends, i have to cut my own dado.  Can the flexvolt handle this with say a 1/2" worth of dado stack?

Thanks for any help!

2 minutes ago, slopjock78 said:

So I picked up the 60V tablesaw at HD yesterday for $250, new in box.  I really dont need it, as i have a Ridgid 3650 in my shop, and the dewalt 7499 job site saw.  but when i saw that price I just couldnt pass it up.  I already have 7 of the smaller 60V batteries, so i should be good on power.

So I have a couple questions.  First, is this really going to fill a need for me?  I know only I can answer that; but to those guys that already have a corded jobsite saw, do you find yourself going more with the flexvolt saw out of convenience, or sticking with the corded saw for capacity and power?

Secondly, has anyone run a dado on the flexvolt?  I'm currently putting some PVC window trim which has a rabbit cut for the siding to slide under.  For the ends, i have to cut my own dado.  Can the flexvolt handle this with say a 1/2" worth of dado stack?

Thanks for any help!

Will not run a dado stack sorry

So I finally got the saw out of the box last night.  I am a bit disappointed that it cant run a dado stack.  However for the price, i'm going to be keeping it.  I do still have the 7499 if I need a dado outside of my shop. I ran a 3/4" piece of oak just to test it out, and was simply amazed at the power.  I pushed it through faster then I would ever actually feed a piece of oak in real world application, and the saw ate it up.

I'll be putting down over 1000 sq ft of hickory hardwood in the next few months.  I look forward to trying it out on that flooring to see what it can really do