Introduce new tools/brands at work?

Jronman

Do you guys, who use tools for your job, introduce new tools or new brands to coworkers at work?

What do they think? Are they pretty open to try new tools or are they stuck on their usual brands?

This week I introduced my boss and another coworker to Festool. I brought the Festool, Tanos, and SawStop catalogs/booklets that my cousin sent me from the Festool event to work yesterday and was surprised that my boss and other coworker never even heard of Festool. They enjoyed looking at them. I think they found some cool products. It is unlikely they will get anything but thought I'd at least let them look at some neat catalogs/booklets. My boss was interested in the Systainers. Ima try and get some prices on the boxes and see if he is interested because they are some nice boxes long as you aren't too rough on them. I'm thinking if he realized how helpful Systainers are in organization he might see the worth in their premium. He is always getting on us for not keeping jobsite clean and organized. 

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Do you guys, who use tools for your job, introduce new tools or new brands to coworkers at work?

What do they think? Are they pretty open to try new tools or are they stuck on their usual brands?

This week I introduced my boss and another coworker to Festool. I brought the Festool, Tanos, and SawStop catalogs/booklets that my cousin sent me from the Festool event to work yesterday and was surprised that my boss and other coworker never even heard of Festool. They enjoyed looking at them. I think they found some cool products. It is unlikely they will get anything but thought I'd at least let them look at some neat catalogs/booklets. My boss was interested in the Systainers. Ima try and get some prices on the boxes and see if he is interested because they are some nice boxes long as you aren't too rough on them. I'm thinking if he realized how helpful Systainers are in organization he might see the worth in their premium. He is always getting on us for not keeping jobsite clean and organized. 

Go to Amazon UK to buy your  Systainers way better pricing even with shipping and pound conversion.

Hellllllllll no. Never making that mistake again. If in the off chance someone feels the need to ask about my tools and ask what kind x is I will just tell them what x is is mine. Once upon a time I had Metabo tools. I was foolish enough to explain what they were and then no one would get their M18 stuff out of their pickups and every time I turned my back someone would be using my grinder instead of theirs. If they want good shit they can buy it. If they think their shit is good then I won't press the issue if they're happy with it. As far as company tools go they're on the verge of bankruptcy as it is without any of my input on tools. They can stick to HF.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jronman said:

Systainers are so expensive though for what they are. I looked at Systainers in the beginning of the year for a storage solution and besides not being able to fit a Sawzall in them they start around $70 for a Sys1. $70 for a small box that’s not waterproof seems like a rip off. TSTAK’s would be a much cheaper option.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, justinkendall said:

Systainers are so expensive though for what they are. I looked at Systainers in the beginning of the year for a storage solution and besides not being able to fit a Sawzall in them they start around $70 for a Sys1. $70 for a small box that’s not waterproof seems like a rip off. TSTAK’s would be a much cheaper option.

I agree, If I had a choice of getting my Festool items in a Systainer or a Ridgid box I'd go with the Ridgid tool boxes in a heart beat. I would never buy more systainers just for storage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

I agree, If I had a choice of getting my Festool items in a Systainer or a Ridgid box I'd go with the Ridgid tool boxes in a heart beat. I would never buy more systainers just for storage. 

I just wish I could order them bare tool without the systainers like literally every other brand offers. I mean if you’re buying a bare tool chances are you already have batteries and chargers so why would you need a box that is going to be half empty all the time?

That’s one thing holding me back from buying more Festool (though there’s not really much I want). I don’t want to have to store the systainers, throw them away, or try to sell them online. I’m sure they would sell easily but dealing with the shipping is a nightmare because of there size.