Sign in to follow this  
Jronman

Schaeffer Oil Products.

Anyone ever used Schaeffer Oil products? Our Pella window guy does Schaeffer oil demonstrations on the side and did a demo of the products at our work. Seemed like they were pretty good products. All the oil products were 100% synthetic. He compared to various other products. I know a few synthetics were compared to the Schaeffer and maybe some non synthetic as well. I can't remember exactly. The Schaeffer products in every test performed much better than the other guys. The Pella guy claimed he was able to increase the mpg on his vehicle by completely switching to all Schaeffer. Got his Tahoe to 19 mpg I would guess he got around 11 or so before. Said you will need to switch to a filter designed for synthetic oil. I didn't even know there was such a filter. There was also this biodegradable cleaner called Cirtol. It is basically oranges and a few other stuff. It seemed to do a great job at removing grease. It almost is like the CMT cleaner I got. Might have to compare the 2. The demonstration seemed pretty legit. Nothing that seemed to throw any red flags or make the Schaeffer products seem like a bunch of baloney.

schaeffer-citrus-cleaner-industrial-degr

413uqKGTlLL.jpg

Every company has their flavor of mouse milk. Heard the exact same pitch from several brands. Boss believed the Hydrotex guy so now that's what we're using. Just don't use Pennzoil and you'll be fine. They're all salesman. Some oil is definitely better than others but at the end of the day those salesman will tell you anything you want to hear to make a sale.

On 11/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, Stercorarius said:

Every company has their flavor of mouse milk. Heard the exact same pitch from several brands. Boss believed the Hydrotex guy so now that's what we're using. Just don't use Pennzoil and you'll be fine. They're all salesman. Some oil is definitely better than others but at the end of the day those salesman will tell you anything you want to hear to make a sale.

He had a machine designed to test oil and the Shaeffer products heated up less, made zero to no squealing like the other guys made. I even tried out the cleaner cause I got grease on my hand and it was legit. cleaned it with ease and no pumice required. 

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

He had a machine designed to test oil and the Shaeffer products heated up less, made zero to no squealing like the other guys made. I even tried out the cleaner cause I got grease on my hand and it was legit. cleaned it with ease and no pumice required. 

Heard the same pitch a dozen times. Everyone gets trained to use the same sales tactics and half of them have barely any variation in pitch even between brands. Same our stuff is the best on the market and it had shown to increase blah blah blah and when compared to our competitor in a test of blah blah blah we can see an x% better let me level with you I use this stuff myself and it's all I'll ever use in fact we offer a gaurantee that yada yada yada and I'll personally make sure it gets taken care of and with our flexible financing your overhead is small and it will pay for itself in as little as x months it's what you buddies down the road are doing and the big guys will only use it at the new plant these guys switched over to our stuff exclusively look you can see for yourself with these carefully selected samples how great our stuff is when competitors don't offer truly pure product and it never ends. I'm sure it's good stuff, but I've got a 330000 mile engine that's running on whatever you or in it. I've driven million plus mile semis that are running cheapest conventional oil. The only accurate test for engine oil is an engine. They might even be the best but never go with whatever a salesman pitches their job is to sell their product.

• Like 1