DCS7485 on a DW7440RS?

denrusso

I've seen a few videos on youtube that show the DCS7485 mounted on a DW7440RS.  I thought it would be an easy fit and so ordered the stand.  Unfortunately, it seems that some modification is necessary to mount this saw to this particular stand.

Has anyone here done this?  If so, can you share what you did to make it fit?

Thanks,

dr

So it’s not too bad to retrofit. The holes in the base of the stand are BARELY too small. Almost makes me wonder if someone forgot a “fudge factor” and the thickness of the powder coating. The bigger problem was that the base on the saw has angled holes but the stand is built for vertical bolting. Get rid of some washers (who needs those anyway, amiright?!) and the stock bolts fit. Torqued the hell out of them and good to go! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roasty said:

I bolted mine through the rubber feet. Wider stance and all that and bolts are straight through no angled business.

I'm leaning towards this method.  I tried to get one of the supplied bolts into the predrilled holes and the saw and by the time I was done the threads on the bolt were all chewed up.

What size drill bit/bolts did you use?

Thanks,

dr