Whats next in the Milwaukee pipeline?

Jronman

• 1 month later...

I would love an M18 9.0 track saw for doing floors and kitchens.

They have not fully stepped into the trim carpentry world yet. The planer is nice, but your corporate cousins have belt sanders and laminate routers. Even their corporate cousins battery powered guns might be better.

Speaking of which, how about a midsize router working on 9.0?  I'll take a M18 trim/laminate router instead.

@skill-builder.uk I heard awhile back that Milwaukee is working on some more woodworking focused tools like a table saw and a plunge saw. I would guess the R&D are still trying to work out the kinks with all the innovative features they will have with the plunge saw. I'm sure it has plenty. It wouldn't be Milwaukee without an innovative feature or two. They do have the saying "Disruptive Innovation" which has been true on many Milwaukee tools. 

Also welcome to the forum. I have been watching your videos for a little while now and they are great.

• 5 weeks later...

After seeing the gen2 m12 fuel drill and impact I’m hoping to see a hex chuck screwdriver on the new super compact format. I use the Bosch and Hilti 12v hex chuck screwdrivers everyday and love the hex chuck drill configuration. I would be all over the electronic clutch that Milwaukee used on the fuel drill. Looks to be a winner. Too bad I just bought the outgoing m12 fuel drill/impact kit to get the free stapler HD was offering. 

And if they're expanding on the new m12 fuel drill/ impact they might as well throw a 3/8" anvil on the impact.  Sure would be sweet to have an impact wrench that compact and pushing 125 ft/lbs of torque.  The latest bosch 12v impact wrench is similar in size but only has 85ft/lbs of torque.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

Milwaukee came out with a new m12 multichuck drill that is now a fuel model in Europe. One can only hope one comes to the North American market.

That sounds really cool. I Used the gen 1 fuel m12 hammer drill, 2404-20, next to my Bosch, hds182, brushless 18v hammerdrill to see which one I want to keep. It’s tough, I bought the Milwaukee to have a more compact option for traveling with but it’s huge. Not as large as the 18v bosch compact hammerdrill but it is longer. The bosch is so much more quiet and smooth. The Milwaukee m12 fuel is seriously loud when hammer drilling to the point that I would want hearing protection for the hammerdrill function and even louder than my bosch rotary hammer.... I rarely use a hammerdrill over a rotary hammer unless it’s just a couple of holes so I throw one in a compact kit in case I get surprised by a masonry wall during an install. Right now I hate them both. Maybe I should sell them both and try the new m12 fuel hammerdrill...

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard if there is possibly a flat-head fuel grinder in the works.  We've never had a flat head before but now that Dewalt has one out they've kind of caught my eye.  Just seems like one more option for that hard to reach spot.  I would just assume have it be Milwaukee but I have to admit Dewalt has my attention with some of their tool releases in the last 2 years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

I did look into metabo and even thought about a corded model but I sure do like the convenience of cordless and it just makes more sense to be in a platform I already have (milwaukee or dewalt).  

Yeah I just got the corded one because it was free with a $150 roto hammer so it was a no brainer. If you already have a cordless grinder I don't know that I would get one because it's not all that often that one saves your bacon. If you don't have a cordless grinder I'd probably buy the flathead because it's not a huge impediment in regular grinding. As for your original question though, I have yet to hear anything rumors along those lines. NPS2018 isn't too far away though. They did have a cordless die grinder so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they just slapped a different gearbox onto their grinder and released a flat head. Best case scenario for Milwaukee guys is that at nps they release a needed upgrade to the fuel grinder and a flat head variant of it. Despite my preferences, the M18 is by far the most common grinder on job sites. The only cordless Metabo I ever saw was the one I used to have. Still the best grinder. Not worth a different battery system though. The M18 will do everything the Metabo can, it just is a little slower and a little less smooth. You don't want to fall down the Metabo rabbit hole. It gets expensive in a hurry, but they're so nice you can't stop yourself. 

11 hours ago, Daniel Julian said:

Not sure how credible this site is, but it’s the first I’ve seen giving a date for NPS18 (May 2-4)... 

https://www.ratchetandwrench.com/articles/5817-milwaukee-tool-to-host-new-product-symposium

Yeah it's always around the same time each year. Nps is first of May and DeWalt is end of June

On 2/18/2018 at 10:24 PM, Daniel Julian said:

Not sure how credible this site is, but it’s the first I’ve seen giving a date for NPS18 (May 2-4)... 

https://www.ratchetandwrench.com/articles/5817-milwaukee-tool-to-host-new-product-symposium

NPS is normally held in the beginning of June. 

Those boxes look like they're meant to compliment their Heavy Duty Box line they offer in Europe. Not sure why when they offer the same organizer box that we have in the states. I highly doubt we will ever see them over here. They're not even available on any of the EU sites as far as I can tell.

Was also poking around the patent/trademark site and found this patent on a battery(s). I’ve never read these kind of documents and they sound very technical and pretty vague at times, but this one is dated Oct 2017 and reading from pages 78-80ish it sounds like some kind of super-multi-volt all-in-one battery. Or maybe I don’t know what the heck I’m reading. The pics of the battery also look a little different than the current M18’s. Interesting nonetheless. 

http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?docid=09793583&PageNum=79&IDKey=F5EC03DECF7D&HomeUrl=http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2%26Sect2=HITOFF%26p=1%26u=%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fsearch-bool.html%26r=32%26f=G%26l=50%26co1=AND%26d=PTXT%26s1=Milwaukee.AANM.%26OS=AANM/Milwaukee%26RS=AANM/Milwaukee