Garage to Work Shop Conversion

jtkendall

On 1/17/2018 at 8:35 AM, Socket Roll said:

I would suggest also a perfect idea for a portable and organized socket and ratchet tool holder!! 

nothing like this in the market its high quality durable and fluid resistant material..

Full 10.jpg

Seriously?! I don’t think a Kregg Jig will fit in there

5 minutes ago, Kato said:

Is this a Sunex set? Looks exactly like the sets we sell, I’ve got one on my tool cart like this in metric.

Yes, it's the 1/2" drive 43 piece SAE master impact socket set. I need the get the metric version at some point in the future.

• 3 months later...

I have been so busy with work that I haven't had a chance to do anything in months, instead of screwing around trying to figure out workbench plans to suit my needs and planning out every detail of the shop I'm just going to take the fast/easy way out for now and eventually get around to doing everything I want.

For a general workbench I'm building Guy Dunlap's Small Hand Tool Workbench, probably not out of ash though:

• The walls are going to get OSB and then painted white
  • The power tools are going to stay the same for now at some point I'm going to pick up a lathe
  • I'm going to go with a larger work bench/assembly table and an outfeed table similar the ones Jay Bates has videos on. The outfeed table height is going to be based on moving my DW745 onto a DWE74911 stand to get a little more height and so I can store the saw easier when not in use.
  • I'm probably going to build some stands similar to the outfeed table for my bench top tools so they each have a stand with some added casters.
  • I'm going to pick up a Milwaukee stand for my miter saw since it's battery powered and I don't currently have space or see a need for some gigantic miter saw station