new DeWALT clamps

midogrumpy

Looks nice.  When it comes to clamps, I'm not particular, so if these have the "right" price point I'll buy some.  I mostly have trigger, bar, and squeeze clamps now, with DeWalt, Milwaukee, Irwin, and Bessey brand representation.

9 minutes ago, Rtorres092382 said:

Ask and you shall receive. They have them in 24 and 48 inches. I did a search on the website for Dewalt clamps and found both as options. I can’t figure out how to link a pic but they’re on there.

ok sweet. I wonder if they will be rebrands of the Irwins since SB&D owns Irwin now.

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

will this mean irwin will be getting rid of its clamps or will they continue to make them? Many of the clamps DeWALT makes are basically same design as Irwin clamps.

With Stanley Black & Decker buying Irwin last year I figure this is just rebranding of the Irwin line under one of their flagships in Dewalt.

Before SB&D bought Irwin, DeWALT had some clamps so I'm not real sure if these are rebrands. They did look very similar to Irwin's. I wouldn't be surprised if DeWALT hired Irwin to make them. I did find a store that sells both and there are a few differences. The jaw pads on the DeWALT have 2 groves in a plus pattern where the Irwin clamps have no grooves. The release button to move the fixed jaw to the spreader position is a bit different between the 2 brands. Other than that they are pretty similar. Quality seemed similar between the 2 brands. I went with a couple DeWALTs myself because they were priced cheaper.

On 12/10/2017 at 2:10 AM, Jronman said:

will this mean irwin will be getting rid of its clamps or will they continue to make them? Many of the clamps DeWALT makes are basically same design as Irwin clamps.

As big as SBD is, and given the big box stores' status as major retail outlets for the brands, I'd be surprised if the Irwin clamps disappear.  Lowe's sells those and HD sells DeWalt clamps, so unless Lowe's switches to a brand not owned by SBD, the Irwins should stick around. 

I noticed that Lowe's sells Fatmax chisels made in Sheffield, England, where the DeWalt versions are made.  I'd venture to guess that the two are identical beside the handles.  Besides omnipresent tools like Fatmax tape measures, the two stores carry few identical hand tools.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jronman said:

I haven't seen them in stores yet.

HD locations seem to be very sporadic in stocking the new clamps.  Of five Richmond, VA area stores I visited in the past week, only one had DeWalt clamps in lieu of Bessey.  I also stopped at stores in Durham, Greensboro, Charlotte, and metro Atlanta, all of which still had the Bessey clamps at full price.  The Lagrange, GA store has emptied the pegs of Bessey but has yet to display most of the DeWalt clamps.