What would you like to see next? Tough System editon

Jronman

A FlexVolt powered Segway version of the carrier, with stair climbing ability and remote control.  Home Depot should sell it put it on clearance three months later, ideally at the same time DeWalt throws a FV 9.0Ah 2-pack free with purchase.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Soft sided tote with a hard bottom that will secure to the top of a ToughSystem box. Such as those made for the Milwaukee Packout system. Or even a modular palette that fastens to the top box, but has various hooks/holes to secure/bungee current soft totes, level/tripod, odd tool or bucket.

Often wish the DS Carrier had a simple tube attached for levels or tripod transport.

• Like 1

A sys port style of system could be cool.  Some kind of tough system light. I think lights could easily be integrated in a gen 2 power supply or even a gen 2 cart. Could have them on the front of the box so it aids in seeing your way when pushing the cart. I like how the current power supply is tough system compatible but it would be nice if it was integrated into a box so you would have the option of boxes on top and more weather resistant. All metal side latches would be nice because the current ones are known to be weak. The new side latches are a step in the right direction though. Tough system vac and compressor. A Tough system microwave would be cool. Maybe runs of a flexvolt battery. Would be nice if a guy wants to heat up his lunch on the jobsite.

• Haha 1

I can't believe the lack of calls for FlexVolt powered vacuum or compresors. Having seen the Festool vacuums with the adapters for their boxes, my idea would be to have the vacuum or compressor being the base box like the DS450 allowing it to be oversized compared to the boxes that would only allow one or two gallons capacity, instead as a base unit it could hold at least 5 gallons of sawdust or air.

• Like 2

Agree with a bunch of the above.

-Handle for the tote (like the UK models)

-Vaccum built into a Tough System box

-Another box slightly between the 150 and 300 (without the inserts or lids)

-Love the idea of a soft side bag with bottom connections like the Packout concept

-Dividers and maybe some more a la carte features.  Hate having all the extra bins from my 130s and 150s lying around.

-Integrate some of the mechanic's set boxes into a Tough System compatible box.

- Improve the design and strength of mechanism to clip the boxes together while maintaining backwards compatibility. Perhaps they could implement something similar to the L-Boxx and use something stronger like steel or aluminium. A hybrid of the L-Boxx and Ridgid mechanism would be great; imagine the L-Boxx red plastic spring loaded auto-clipping tabs (put on the top rather than the bottom like with L-Boxx so it works with the current tough boxes) but made of steel rod like the Ridgid clips. You would simply but a box on top of another and it would click together automatically (like L-Boxxes), but would have the strength of Ridgid. This should be backwards compatible and would still use the connecting points at the bottom of the boxes. Something like this would place it a lot closer to the Packout in usability than it currently is.

- Single drawer boxes: one with a large drawer (same height as the double/triple drawer box), and another with a small drawer (same height as half of the double/triple drawer box).

• 2 weeks later...

A FlexVolt coffee maker would be nice for FTX and bivouacs.  I invested in a couple of Ridgid fans (DeWalt's was still a couple of months out at the time) to help fight the GA heat a few months ago.  It's great using these newer innovations to make life a little more comfortable in training.  Obviously, I'm not in a tactical unit at the moment.

• Like 1