What would you like to see next? Tough System editon

Jronman

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

@fm2176 your allowed a fan in military?

In the light Infantry world, where we live in the dirt?  No.  If I were mechanized or Stryker I'd find a way to have a fan, though, as I'm certain there's a way to plug it in or charge batteries.  Then again, I've been in a Bradley twice and a Stryker once, so what do I know?  Right now I'm a Drill Sergeant, so bivouacs involve us sleeping in vehicles, waking up every hour or so to check on the trainees in their poison ivy infested patrol bases (I teach them what to avoid before they even go into the woods but they usually avoid the Virginia Creeper instead, choosing to bed down in the pretty plants with three leaves).  My truck is getting up there in mileage, so I don't run the AC like my coworkers do.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

I didn't see the boxes available for purchase.

I couldn't find the Facom ToughSystem boxes on their sites, but did find this: https://primetools.co.uk/product-category/tool-storage-workbenches/plastic-tool-boxes/page/2/?brandlist[0]=facom

Also, here's the rolling box with TS brackets:

https://www.manomano.fr/servante-roulante/servante-jetm4-6-tiroirs-edition-limitee-composition-4-tiroirs-et-equipement-toughsystem-facom-jetblkmax17im-4879835

I like the red and black look of them and feel like Milwaukee's Packout would be better served with a similar color scheme, but paying a premium to import these to the US isn't worth it since the DeWalt versions are readily available. 

• Like 1

I agree with the Flexvolt vac. It would be nice to have it as the base carrier with the larger wheels on the back and swivel casters on the front like the T-Stak dolly. I’d really want it to have the corded/cordless option though for bigger jobs though.

I picked up the corded/cordless 20v vac and added casters and an extension wand with a floor attachment, but it’s low on power and better suited for spot cleanup. I put it in a Tough system tote, but it basically fills up the whole thing. 

I’d also like to see some slotted dividers or bins that can go in for better organization. The totes look like they have ribs to accept something, but I haven’t been able to find it. The bins in the Tough system organizer were all too small to fit even the Dewalt bit cases, so I took them back and got the Dewalt pro organizers instead. The bins weren’t interchangeable either. 

Since Dewalt also has so many systems (Tough, T-Stak, Pro Organizer), it would be nice for them to make an adapter plate to lock them together. 

0EECEFA6-096C-4B4F-88FD-ECED9585482B.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jpgwoodworking said:

...I put it in a Tough system tote, but it basically fills up the whole thing.

That's one of the downsides to dedicating a ToughSystem component to larger items, they increase the cost of ownership quite a bit unless you repurpose them for other purposes as needed.

17 minutes ago, Jpgwoodworking said:

...Since Dewalt also has so many systems (Tough, T-Stak, Pro Organizer), it would be nice for them to make an adapter plate to lock them together. 

This would be nice, especially since even the Pro Organizers are not all compatible with each other.  I think that DeWalt would have a much more budget friendly answer to the Milwaukee Packout, with its half-sized organizers, if they enabled a ToughSystem user to attach small organizers.

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

@fm2176 the cart at over 3000 euros is expensive but looks like it is not only the boxes but a full set of tools too. Would be nice for the guy who wants to buy once and have just about everything he needs.

True, I wrote about paying a premium for the empty ToughSystem boxes before finding that link.  Someone in Europe might find that deal tempting, not to mention the fact that the box looks like a special edition.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 4:14 PM, jkeating3 said:

Inserts that will help keep my power tools organized. Not that foam garbage.

To take it a step further, I’d like to see a modular approach that allows many Dewalt hand tool & power tool sets to be organized in the Tough System boxes.

Each tool/set would either take up a full-size module, half, quarter or eighth-size module.  Mix & match to fill.  Modules could be available in 2-3 different depths and large boxes could incorporate removable trays for more efficient/layered storage.

PLUS: packaged with the clear-lid organizers so it’s easier to know what’s in each box.

PLUS: add a catalevered organizer.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I have just converted to toughsystem from t stack, love the boxes but that's all there is, I really want to get a vac to fit the system and like previous comments a compressor. I also previously screwed battery clips the the side of my box for easy access, would love to see a purpose made version and a way to organise 3 or 4 tools purposely into 1 box. A 4 wheel trolly. Lastly, more plumbing based tools as others are making pipe cutters. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I badly think they need a wet dry vac that snaps into the toughsystem boxes pack out has one and Dewalt needs one. 

Also to go with the 2.0 system half boxes they should have a half box open tote toolbox. 

also the open tote boxes should have an available handle that can be attached. 

it is beyond me why they have not made a conversion plate to allow you to connect the stack boxes onto the top of the system boxes you can get them special made from a company in Europe about there 100 after shipping

I think they badly need a wet dry vac for the T-Stak system as well. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, Jronman said:

A sys port style of system could be cool.  Some kind of tough system light. I think lights could easily be integrated in a gen 2 power supply or even a gen 2 cart. Could have them on the front of the box so it aids in seeing your way when pushing the cart. I like how the current power supply is tough system compatible but it would be nice if it was integrated into a box so you would have the option of boxes on top and more weather resistant. All metal side latches would be nice because the current ones are known to be weak. The new side latches are a step in the right direction though. Tough system vac and compressor. A Tough system microwave would be cool. Maybe runs of a flexvolt battery. Would be nice if a guy wants to heat up his lunch on the jobsite.

I thought the same, made my own toughvac out of the corded/cordless vacuum dcv581h (It actually works pretty good). Exhausts out the top just had to take a blade off the handle to fold flat. I picked up a 10' ridgid flex hose so im not sweatin no wheels, I have the 2.0 rolling cart and ds carrier if needed. Someone mentioned the label, had to

A compressor would be a great idea. 4 years later and Milwaukee must've read this article, the packout light is a great addition but I pull the ds carrier and only push it down stairs and curbs so one extendable wand light and multi directional heads or even at mid height on the back edge  to light the path ahead. And attachable bracket adapters for the big ass handles on the power supply to stack a toughsystem box on top would be cool

20210303_024918.jpg

20210303_024716.jpg

20210304_210740.jpg

20210304_210756.jpg

20210304_213830.jpg

20210304_212337.jpg

20210313_100138.jpg

20210313_100115.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Why no locking hooks on 2.0? Had to mod them on myself and notch lid on large box. Just found these tstak to toughsystem brackets but that flexvolt vac is almost $450 usd, I like the cordless remote/wrist watch but had to make my own for the corded 120v option and I'm picking up a bluetooth 20v battery or tool tag for that remote control function as long as I keep it powered on I can kill the vac remotely. My Ridgid 18v vacs a lil stronger but cant beat the corded / cordless option,(Edit)  and I regret upgrading to the 2.0 rolling cart, because my 1.0 rolling cart could fit just as much inside and was compatible with my ds carrier in the rare case where i would have everything already in it and load it on the carrier, no hook but atleast the 1.0 had the grooves for the ds brackets. You all got me thinking of picking up a set of these adapter brackets , mounting them on my microwave/ toaster oven and pulling the Dewalt portable power station out of the closet to power it, I used to like to keep it on top of my stacked boxes but it just gets banged up too much

Screenshot_20210303-185224_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-185303_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-185305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-191525_Chrome.jpg

20210303_094943.jpg

Screenshot_20210304-221336_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210304-221329_Gallery.jpg

That was definitely a good idea with the casters, I should have built the vac out of the 2.0 rolling cart and had flip down casters on bottom in the front. Maybe I'll put small eyeball casters on  the bottom?   There is still room in the toughvac box for some tools but I have to remind myself to remove them before running the vacuum. The flexvolt vac does have 2 motors,  2 hepa filters and 120 something cfm compared to the dcv581h is like 40cfm. Ridgids 70- 80cfm

On 11/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, jamiewalder75 said:

I have just converted to toughsystem from t stack, love the boxes but that's all there is, I really want to get a vac to fit the system and like previous comments a compressor. I also previously screwed battery clips the the side of my box for easy access, would love to see a purpose made version and a way to organise 3 or 4 tools purposely into 1 box. A 4 wheel trolly. Lastly, more plumbing based tools as others are making pipe cutters. 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, Matt Snyder said:

I badly think they need a wet dry vac that snaps into the toughsystem boxes pack out has one and Dewalt needs one. 

Also to go with the 2.0 system half boxes they should have a half box open tote toolbox. 

also the open tote boxes should have an available handle that can be attached. 

it is beyond me why they have not made a conversion plate to allow you to connect the stack boxes onto the top of the system boxes you can get them special made from a company in Europe about there 100 after shipping

I think they badly need a wet dry vac for the T-Stak system as well.