any info on the new tough system radio?

framer

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just a FYI since I haven't seen anyone talk about this lately, it's on sale. 

Is there a special sale/promo going on, or is it just finally being sold in US stores? I can't even find it on eBay except for international sellers.

And to those who have it, is this basically a smaller ToughSystem radio with 60v compatibility with (I hope) at least as good sound?

They essentially took the Tough System radio, made it smaller, gave it more features and it now clips on the Tstaks. I think the radio actually sounds better. It definitely sounds as good as the Tough System radio. The first time I played it, my wife said 'that sounds better than the bigger one'. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 6:32 PM, aabee said:

This radio goes for $219. Hard pass.

semi-OT, but my favorite radio is the Makita black AM/FM with BT. It's reasonably small but has loads of features and sounds better than larger radios (like the DCR025).

I'll wait to find a deal...  I paid around $240 for three ToughSystem radios and only have one (Craftsman) T-Stak, so $219 is a bit too rich for my tastes at the moment.