AWS Tools

Jronman

I noticed the release dates for the first wave of Automatic Wireless Start tools has been announced. I'm surprised the saws are arriving so late.

Makita XSL04ZU 18V X2 LXT 10″ Miter Saw with AWS – Winter 2018
Makita XPS02ZU 18V X2 LXT Plunge Cut Saw with AWS – Winter 2018
Makita XRH07PTU 18V X2 LXT 1-9/16″ AVT Rotary Hammer with AWS – January 2018
Makita XAG17ZU 18V LXT 5″ Paddle Switch Grinder with AWS – February 2018
Makita XAG17ZU 18V LXT 5″ Slide Switch Grinder with AWS – February 2018
Makita XCV08Z 18V X2 2.1 Gallon HEPA Dry Dust Extractor with AWS – January 2018

38 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Not for now no :) I'm hoping on either a Bluetooth battery, a Bluetooth add-on that goes between the tool and battery or either a small button that you can stick on the hose/tool that activated the Bluetooth vac with a button push

Maybe something like a Makita version of a Tag or Tick could work?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So now that these tools are out, has anyone been running them?  

As far as I can tell they only work with the Makita AWS vacuum, correct? There is no way to send the signal to other vacuums?  (Ie. my festool midi?)

Ive been holding off on picking up the cordless track saw, but now I think I might go with the non AWS version since Im not running the Makita vacuum.

Input anyone?

• 1 month later...

I just ended up ordering the aws vac. Fingers crossed that the $100 premium for AWS ends up being worth it for me. I’m gambling that it will be but with very low expectations. I need cordless dc for most of my projects and my dewalt 20v vac isn’t quite up for what I’m asking it to do. I’m hoping that mak will release an AWS adapter or that I can hack a Bluetooth adapter of my own for universal use with any of my tools. 

29 minutes ago, XTsallaD said:

I just ended up ordering the aws vac. Fingers crossed that the $100 premium for AWS ends up being worth it for me. I’m gambling that it will be but with very low expectations. I need cordless dc for most of my projects and my dewalt 20v vac isn’t quite up for what I’m asking it to do. I’m hoping that mak will release an AWS adapter or that I can hack a Bluetooth adapter of my own for universal use with any of my tools. 

Of that hacking up of the adapter works then let us know please :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just saw this forum as I was searching for hacks for AWS. I found this on ebay

I Bought the XSL06 18V X2 Cordless chop saw about 6 weeks ago and was looking at buying the vacuum finally and just today realized this saw DOES NOT HAVE AWS, which I thought it did when I bought it. Has anybody opened up the handle to see if its easy enough to pop that makita bluetooth circuit in there???