AWS Tools

Jronman

I have the makita 36v track saw with no aws feature and my way around it is buying a remote controlled outlet. Just plug it into a wall outlet and plug your vacuum into it and then use the remote to turn on and off as needed. With some velcro tape you can attach the remote to whatever tools you're using the vacuum with. I actually prefer to use it with corded tools too like a router so I can keep the vacuum running long after the router has stopped and clean up whatever dust is left. 

I have a Metabo vacuum with an outlet for tool activation but the outlet is always live even without tool activation turned on so I'll also run that through the remote outlet in the wall and means I can't start routing or sanding without dust collection unless I turn it on with the remote. Only cost me $20 and came with 3 outlets and one remote with 3 buttons on it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I‘ve been using the saw and extractor for about a week solid now.

The saw cuts as well as I had read about, and now I’ve got to grips with it, I love it more every time I use it. I have been a long time Makita owner/user and own a lot of their cordless stuff, so this saw seemed the right choice. I nearly went for a corded Festool but I now know I made the right choice. Can’t think of any negatives, maybe the rear bevel lock clamp is a bit fiddly, especially if you have big hands? Not really a big issue though TBH.

The dust extractor: At first I thought it was going to be underpowered but, I was surprised and pleased to find that it’s not.

It copes fine with the plunge saw, very little dust escapes with each pass and the Bluetooth is solid.

I also used other tools with the extractor including some corded tools. It coped fine with a corded palm sander, and also the cordless finishing sander. It also coped with a corded biscuit joiner, and cordless multi tools.

The only tool I tried that allowed dust of any quantity to escape was my cordless 1/4” router. To be fair it may be the way I was using the router, as some scenarios were better than others.

I haven’t yet used the extractor with my miter saw, so I will report back when I’ve done so.

Even though I have other extractors, I will keep this one for convenience. The only improvement I can think of, would be to make this AWS version AC/DC.

generally, I love both the saw and extractor, and would recommend both.

Steve👍🏻

• Like 1