Gen 2 Flex Torq coming

Jronman

Just got an email that Flex Torq has be redesigned. I checked and sure enough it has. They have a bigger torsion zone now and new kits. What do you guys think? 

I think they look nicer than the Gen 1. The kits are nothing special. Maybe more kits will arrive in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

They needed an update, that's their main bit (Compared to HD's Max Fit series) and they sucked. Better than the Milwaukee bits but worse than Makita by a long shot and Bosch.

I'm kinda disappointed on the kit selection. Gen 1 had better kits in my opinion. I feel most kits are heavy on Phillips #2 I'd like a few less Phillips #2 and more of the other guys.

• Like 1

I have a few of the MaxFit sets and might have a FlexTorq somewhere, but this is good news regardless of my experience with them.  I think that any revamp of power tool accessories is usually a win, as opposed to some refinements made to tools themselves, which might include cost-cutting measures.

I wonder if we will ever get the Tstak compatible bit boxes like Europe is getting. I like my gen one FlexTorq. They are much nicer than the El cheapos guys tend to buy. The metal seems a lot more durable. They don't wear like cheaper bits. I haven't used the MaxFit bits but I seen a guy at work got a set not too long ago. I might try out some higher quality bits but my one FlexTorq bit set and one Stanley 10 bit ratcheting screwdriver get me by for everything I have needed bits for.

14 hours ago, Jronman said:

I wonder if we will ever get the Tstak compatible bit boxes like Europe is getting. I like my gen one FlexTorq. They are much nicer than the El cheapos guys tend to buy. The metal seems a lot more durable. They don't wear like cheaper bits. I haven't used the MaxFit bits but I seen a guy at work got a set not too long ago. I might try out some higher quality bits but my one FlexTorq bit set and one Stanley 10 bit ratcheting screwdriver get me by for everything I have needed bits for.

They don’t lock together with the T-Staks unfortunately, but the larger bins in the pro organizer hold 2 Dewalt bit cases perfectly.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-10-Compartment-Deep-Pro-Small-Parts-Organizer-DWST14825/203367153?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-Pro-PLA|&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyszSBRDJARIsAHAqQ4rbsHXOmYHlLLdFyVptYvgLx_Q0YcrzOBeXzgPpnAr5wIl9ebaeWCwaAsF_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMDKuPGpyNgCFUJZwQoddg8I-A

I prefer to carry my commonly used bits loose in one of the small bins, then a set of drill bits and tips with me. The rest of them stay in the truck or trailer until needed. 

It’s one of those organization/efficiency things. It seems logical at first to put all of your drill bits and tips in the same case until you realize you’re lugging masonry and SDS drill bits, hole saws, and 4 boxes full of tips into every job that you only use every few months (if you’re a finish carpenter).

You’re much better off carrying what you expect to use and a few spares, and leaving the rest somewhere that is easily accessible.