Just a Reminder...

fm2176

With the new year comes new deals!  For at least the past few years, large retailers have put their holiday specials and seasonal stock on clearance through January and February, translating to great deals for the persistent and/or fortunate.  Things to look for:

DeWalt and Milwaukee bit sets

Holiday tool kits

Left over Black Friday deals (some Lowe's stores have stacks of the ugly camouflage Werner ladder for $25 still, this is sure to go down if they don't sell)

Blade combos (check the aisles if the holiday displays are torn down)

I've found leftover holiday promotions as late as May, often paying 50-75% less than the already great promotional price.  So happy hunting, and I hope everyone has a great 2018!

• Like 2

I found the new online promos for January to not be great. Not many new promos. Some from December are still going on but many of the good ones expired and were not replaced. I haven't checked in stores at deals. I guess we can hope the new January online deals just haven't gone online yet.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

I found the new online promos for January to not be great. Not many new promos. Some from December are still going on but many of the good ones expired and were not replaced. I haven't checked in stores at deals. I guess we can hope the new January online deals just haven't gone online yet.

Tell me about it.  I'm hoping to find another DeWalt tape measure promo but they seem to have disappeared.  I kind of threw my 25' US tape and cracked the housing.  The tape still works perfect, but I want a backup.

On 1/1/2018 at 5:17 AM, fm2176 said:

With the new year comes new deals!  For at least the past few years, large retailers have put their holiday specials and seasonal stock on clearance through January and February, translating to great deals for the persistent and/or fortunate.  Things to look for:

DeWalt and Milwaukee bit sets

Holiday tool kits

Left over Black Friday deals (some Lowe's stores have stacks of the ugly camouflage Werner ladder for $25 still, this is sure to go down if they don't sell)

Blade combos (check the aisles if the holiday displays are torn down)

I've found leftover holiday promotions as late as May, often paying 50-75% less than the already great promotional price.  So happy hunting, and I hope everyone has a great 2018!

I hear 75% off tools and I just start salivating....is it just me?? Oh....ok....

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, T75R said:

I hear 75% off tools and I just start salivating....is it just me?? Oh....ok....

My bank account wishes it was only you.  :)

I'm often driven to buy things I don't really need based primarily on the fact that they are discounted so heavily.  I've suppressed this desire when it comes to truly useless items, but if I find an accessory set, utility knife, tape measure, or even a power tool I already have (but could "use" just one more), I usually give in to temptation. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fm2176 said:

My bank account wishes it was only you.  :)

I'm often driven to buy things I don't really need based primarily on the fact that they are discounted so heavily.  I've suppressed this desire when it comes to truly useless items, but if I find an accessory set, utility knife, tape measure, or even a power tool I already have (but could "use" just one more), I usually give in to temptation. 

I feel your pain my good sir

I did find the last (that I know of) DeWalt tape measure combo at my local store shortly after posting about it.  The displays were long gone, as were the combos, but something told me to check the aisle, and sure enough someone had left one there.  It was still regular price, but a good deal nonetheless.  I just need to avoid throwing this one.

It's still early in the year, and I think the discounts don't really hit until February, and then only at a small number of stores, but all of my local home improvement stores have put away the holiday promos without any real hint of future clearance events (outside of a few cordless combos that are maybe 25% off).

• 3 weeks later...
Tomorrow is February 1st which means many current deals end today and hopefully new deals tomorrow. I wasn't impressed with the January deals but I heard rumor February could be better.
Not much for good deals that I have noticed so far but cpo has the DeWalt flexvolt miter saw kit for $449 best deal I have seen on it so far

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584