Sub compact reciprocating saw

glass

• 1 month later...

I really do not understand the want for battery only framer, the current paslode is so solid and light.  The dewalt needs to be

bolted to the wood to sink a nail and the Hitachi is too heavy and big to be even a boat anchor. I mean wants the point of cutting the cord if the tool weighed so much. I have speed on the dewalt battery trim guns. One has to hold them to hard to the work for them to sink the nail. 

On 2/25/2018 at 2:10 PM, glass said:

I really do not understand the want for battery only framer, the current paslode is so solid and light.  The dewalt needs to be

bolted to the wood to sink a nail and the Hitachi is too heavy and big to be even a boat anchor. I mean wants the point of cutting the cord if the tool weighed so much. I have speed on the dewalt battery trim guns. One has to hold them to hard to the work for them to sink the nail. 

Two big reasons. One 3.5 inch nails that are code in some places for some connections, and if you dont use it every day gas spoilage is an annoying issue.

I am not a pro but have enough property that running a compressor everywhere is not particularly practical.  I would probably already have a paslode if they drove 3.5 nails and the gas didnt spoil.  

Would be much easier for me to grab a battery from my current system(makita) and go to town on whatever needs it.

I highly doubt the kind of work you do, property management requires 3.5” nails too often. Paslode shoots 3 1/4. For big beam work like production nailing of 2lvls ie 3 1/2” it is better suited to pneumatic. For the record the industry standard hitachi nailers only shoot 3 1/4”. Gas has never been an issue for me as the dates are incredibly long, it’s more of a hyped problem on boards like this. 

4 hours ago, glass said:

I highly doubt the kind of work you do, property management requires 3.5” nails too often. Paslode shoots 3 1/4. For big beam work like production nailing of 2lvls ie 3 1/2” it is better suited to pneumatic. For the record the industry standard hitachi nailers only shoot 3 1/4”. Gas has never been an issue for me as the dates are incredibly long, it’s more of a hyped problem on boards like this. 

Actually the hitachi nailer i have  shoots 3.5 inch nails.(nr90aes)  I know the 83s do not.

You are right most of the time I probably wont need the length but better to have it when I do. So do the new hitachi and dewalt cordless guns.  

Cant speak to the gas issue from personal experience.  Just seen a lot of complaints on it.

Back on topic- good to hear about the subcompact recip.  Would make a nice complement to the big x2 unit i have.