starting over

mohawkdec

after losing my entire m12 fuel collection, 8 tools, 12 batteries, 5 lights, 4 chargers, two tool boxes, driving home recently late one night in upstate ny,  on some very bumpy roads, and not knowing some 50 miles later after i got home, i find myself buying what i already had. with help from the tool guy at my local home depot and milwaukee sales rep. who got permission from his boss to donate a double pack of xc batteries, which i thought was really cool, im slowly rebuilding. take it from me, make sure your TAIL GATE IS LOCKED

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't sound like anyone "stole" them, but they bounced out of the back of an open tailgate.  I imagine the person that found them didn't go out of their way to return them, but would that count as theft?  Personally if I found them, I'd see if I couldn't track down the owner, but I'm probably in the minority there.

On 1/30/2018 at 11:56 AM, khariV said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't sound like anyone "stole" them, but they bounced out of the back of an open tailgate.  I imagine the person that found them didn't go out of their way to return them, but would that count as theft?  Personally if I found them, I'd see if I couldn't track down the owner, but I'm probably in the minority there.

i stopped at a stewarts shop for coffee around 10pm, backed into a parking spot, came out, got in my truck and noticed my tailgate  down after i got home. didnt notice it when i got back in, dont know if taken or lost, i always make sure that tailgate is secure,there was an empty gallon paint container rolling around in back, never fell out 

2 hours ago, mohawkdec said:

i stopped at a stewarts shop for coffee around 10pm, backed into a parking spot, came out, got in my truck and noticed my tailgate  down after i got home. didnt notice it when i got back in, dont know if taken or lost, i always make sure that tailgate is secure,there was an empty gallon paint container rolling around in back, never fell out 

Sorry, I misunderstood. I've forgotten to strap things down before, but it sure sounds like some dirtbag hit your gear. I really can't stand thieves.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 7:46 AM, mohawkdec said:

When I travel with tools I'm especially paranoid if I have to keep any in my truck bed.  They usually reside is ToughSystem or Ridgid boxes and are not only locked but secured with two cable locks.  I also being them inside if staying overnight.

It sucks that we can't stop for even a few minuted without risking tool theft.  To think that only a few decades ago, people in my area drove around with visible gun racks in their trucks and felt safe keeping their vehicles unlocked around town.

• Like 1