Gen 2 M12 drill weight

D W

Played around a little today and found the m18 #2 torque setting is somewhere #8-10 setting on the m12. It was a little inconsistent just driving different sized screws in wood but it’ll get me close enough and I’ll just confirm when I’m working on some metal.  Drilled a 3/4” ship auger thru 2- 2x6’s in low without pause so I was real impressed with the power. The little impact surprised me the most tho, I think it is almost just as strong as my m18 fuel impact! I think that’s going to end up being my favorite tool.

• 1 year later...

I have the craftsman nextec 12v tools and the grip is small.  I love em but checked out the latest Milwaukee 18v, and the grip seemed small too.   The m12 lineup definetly felt fat.  They were fatter then all the various Milwaukee 18v I tried at Home Depot.   As much as I want the m12 lineup for an upgrade  ...can’t do it.   Plus my nextec tools are a great fit for my boys and helps them get involved with big boy toys.