Festool vac ..ct midi hepa 574787

Framer joe

I’ve got the Midi and a CT26. Both are phenomenal machines, I’ve had the midi for about 4 years. I have it hooked up to a dust deputy and has been my primary. No it is attached to the Kapex and that is all I use it for. Fantastic machine.

Thanks @ChrisK....you are the Festool expert. I ordered the midi 574787 ct hepa...I’ve seen dust deputy on them but they say it can fry the circuit board ? Or is that just Festool bs....? Also I really liked the jigsaw carvex ps 561593 and accessorie kit 201186,,,looks unbelievable? Do you have the cordless jigsaw ? Or should I just stay corded ?

I thought I’d go high end on the vac and jig if they are truly superior...the vac seems to be the best around with the Fein second best....

could you recommend a sander ???? ....thank you Chris

12 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Thanks @ChrisK....you are the Festool expert. I ordered the midi 574787 ct hepa...I’ve seen dust deputy on them but they say it can fry the circuit board ? Or is that just Festool bs....? Also I really liked the jigsaw carvex ps 561593 and accessorie kit 201186,,,looks unbelievable? Do you have the cordless jigsaw ? Or should I just stay corded ?

I thought I’d go high end on the vac and jig if they are truly superior...the vac seems to be the best around with the Fein second best....

could you recommend a sander ???? ....thank you Chris

It won’t, but it from Toolnut, they have a grounded unit that will not fry the motor.

https://www.toolnut.com/oneida-axd000009-ultimate-festool-dust-deputy.html

Ive been using this for over two years and have not changed a bag on my Midi since. I would love to get one for my 26 but I use that one less than the Midi being it’s for the tracksaw and routers and I tend to use the mitersaw more. 

• Like 1

@Framer joe I'd go cordless even in a shop but that is my preference. If I got a Festool jigsaw I would go cordless. In terms of sanders I got the Rotex 150 sander. Do I wish it was cordless? sure but I can't complain with such a great unit. With a coarse mode and a fine mode it is quite versatile. Next on my Festool list is one of the cordless hybrid sanders. With the 30 min runtime and 30 minute charge you will have continuous cordless runtime. I'm also considering a Festool vac with the ToolNut 10% off vacs and mft deal it seems very enticing.

• Like 1

Thanks @Jronman....ya just got the midi Festool vacuum and a sustainer 2 ???? Needed more room for vacuum accessories. Next is a sander ,hybrid I think..and  a jiggy...love to be all cordless,except the vac....

I recently bought a Wen 12” variable speed drill press, a Wen oscillator sander and  spindle sander combo, and a Wen scroll saw......just getting my feet wet with mid level shop tools....see what I my needs are for POWA and upgrade if I need in a while.......I do love the Festool vac so far. ...also got a Sjoberg work bench...beautiful 

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Thanks @Jronman....ya just got the midi Festool vacuum and a sustainer 2 ???? Needed more room for vacuum accessories. Next is a sander ,hybrid I think..and  a jiggy...love to be all cordless,except the vac....

I recently bought a Wen 12” variable speed drill press, a Wen oscillator sander and  spindle sander combo, and a Wen scroll saw......just getting my feet wet with mid level shop tools....see what I my needs are for POWA and upgrade if I need in a while.......I do love the Festool vac so far. ...also got a Sjoberg work bench...beautiful 

I’ll be selling my Carvex and the accessory kit soon. I’m saving for a very expensive jig. Keep an eye out on the classifieds, it’ll be the Carvex and the accessory base kit too 👍 Infortunately not a cordless version 😕

28 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I’ll be selling my Carvex and the accessory kit soon. I’m saving for a very expensive jig. Keep an eye out on the classifieds, it’ll be the Carvex and the accessory base kit too 👍 Infortunately not a cordless version 😕

Mafell?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Ooh carvex accessory kit... don’t suppose you’d want to split them up?

I read the domino is the best....... No dust extraction on mafell jig ? It has more power ,but unless your cutting thick ass wood why would you need that ? They are mostly a timber frame tool company.... @ChrisK ...you want more POWA?.? Hey now that’s my gig....lol....your a finesse guy...

Some  interesting features, no roller for the blade, quick change, sliding base..and lots more POWA.......better colors that’s for sure....interesting the storage boxes work on Festool sustainers...something is up with that...

I’ll stick with the carvex hybrid jiggy....gotta be cordless!!!!! Although the mafell would be great for cutting the hundreds of radius curves we do in 2x12 pt stock...

Yeah the Domino and the Duo are two different machines. As is the Lamello. As far as the Powa thing? Yeah, the double thick blades and the full length locking mechanism are certainly something I am looking at. I want to use it on some really thick stock. The Carvex is phenomenal, I like it a lot but I am definitely looking for something that can make the really thick and dense wood cuts. Carvex goes like butter through Maple and Hickory but I’m talking about 8/4 and better stock.

• Like 1

@ChrisK....have you considered the Bosch GST160 ?  I see it’s very comparable to the mafell....now there’s no swag with the Bosch verse mafell......but all the literature and vids I see point to the king ...Mafell      

Never heard of that company, always nice to learn about tools on TIA forum...thanks Chris 

9 hours ago, Framer joe said:

@ChrisK....have you considered the Bosch GST160 ?  I see it’s very comparable to the mafell....now there’s no swag with the Bosch verse mafell......but all the literature and vids I see point to the king ...Mafell      

Never heard of that company, always nice to learn about tools on TIA forum...thanks Chris 

Nah, I looked at it prior to buying the Carvex but I believe the Carvex is a solid performer. I want to cut into some really thick material so that is the only reason I’m looking right now.

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Nah, I looked at it prior to buying the Carvex but I believe the Carvex is a solid performer. I want to cut into some really thick material so that is the only reason I’m looking right now.

I don't know what you are cutting but sounds like a job for a bandsaw?

Well yes and no. I do have and use my 14” Rikon but every once in a while, a jig saw is the tool needed. Particularly for some of the projects I have planned. I will continue to use my Carvex, as it’s a wonderful machine and will not buy the Mafell until I sell both parts mostly because the Mafell is a solid 8 bills with shipping. Selling the Carvex for $375-400 puts me on track to buy the machine using my “special” tool account 😉

13 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

After seeing several videos on the Mafell.......WOW .....very impressive jigsaw and company..........is there any company superior to mafell? Always love to learn on here....

I don’t believe so. Mafell’s P1is just a hair under $800 and that is the cheapest saw they make. But that jigsaw is a remarkable machine. I’m already just a wee bit under the mark there, I sold my Carvex and T18 this past week. This machine will be mine. Interesting it appears Toolnut already either lost or dropped their Mafell tools and they must be purchased through Timberwolf tools in Maine.

• Like 1

Wonder why mafell wouldn’t want to expand to the USA......I know myself and all the companies I know, Love high end tools....they’d sell out....it’s never about price for me or most guys I know, only quality...durability....tools that last and get the job done professionally........it’s all about reputation for most guys , quality counts and gets you the next job...