Differences between these rocket lights?

aabee

Hi all,

Been thinking about adding a rocket light or two to my collection, and noticed a lot of them on Home Depot's website come with a free 5.0 battery and charger for the older models and a free 9.0 battery and rapid charger for the more recent 3-head model. My only question is, (aside from the price) what are the differences between these 2:

1)https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-ROCKET-LED-Tower-Light-with-Free-M18-18-Volt-5-0Ah-Starter-Kit-2130-20-48-59-1850/206705705

2) https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Rocket-LED-Tower-Light-Kit-2130-20P/207121220

Also, what's the difference between these 2?

3)https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Rocket-LED-Stand-Light-Charger-with-Free-M18-Rapid-Charger-and-9-0Ah-Battery-2135-20-48-59-1890/303841921

4)https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Rocket-LED-Stand-Light-Charger-with-Free-M18-Rapid-Charger-and-9-0Ah-Battery-2135-21HD-48-59-1890/303845749

Also, anyone have any experience with any of these models? Thanks!

The first two are different promotions. Looks like the more expensive one isn't available in stores any more so they are getting rid of stock with that SKU, the second appears to be a new promo that you could pick up in store. Same exact item though. The other two the more expensive one is a kit + free starter kit so you'd get two batteries, a charger, and the rocket light, this rocket light has a charger built in so. The lower cost one is bare tool plus a free starter kit.

I have both. They are both fantastic and you will be happy with either. However, the 3-head model is a significant upgrade. 1000 lumens brighter and adds the ability to power via AC extension cord (and also charge battery, if needed). The three heads are useful as they allow you to provide 360 lighting or light up a couple different spots. The footprints are identical, both collapsed for storage and expanded for use.

Also, the build quality is better on the 3-head model. They upgraded the telescoping collars from plastic to metal and several other parts are superior quality. I’ve had to warranty the original model for a broken plastic collar, but I don’t anticipate the new metal ones having any issues.

10 hours ago, isaiahb85 said:

Also, the build quality is better on the 3-head model. They upgraded the telescoping collars from plastic to metal and several other parts are superior quality. I’ve had to warranty the original model for a broken plastic collar, but I don’t anticipate the new metal ones having any issues.

I thought they changed and started producing the older model with the newer metal collars because of this issue? Maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part.

2 hours ago, Daniel Julian said:

I thought they changed and started producing the older model with the newer metal collars because of this issue? Maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part.

They did. The one I bought a few months ago has the upgraded collars.

IMG_0074.thumb.jpg.084f7b2466aea6eb9de4c7fdfe20157e.jpg

That's good to see. The plastic ones were junk.

They didn't follow the company motto:"NBHD". (For that matter, neither does the 18V box vacuum--definitely the cheapest plastic I've seen on a vacuum.)

1 hour ago, isaiahb85 said:
22 hours ago, justinkendall said:

I have one in for warranty service now. I wonder if they will replace the collars with metal ones. I hope so!

When mine broke, within a week of buying it and only on my second time using it, eRepair said that the damage was "normal wear and tear" and "not covered" however, they replaced it with the metal clasps "for customer good will." 

Why they couldn't just say "yeah, those plastic rings were crap, our bad" is anyone's guess.  Go figure.

When mine broke, within a week of buying it and only on my second time using it, eRepair said that the damage was "normal wear and tear" and "not covered" however, they replaced it with the metal clasps "for customer good will." 

Why they couldn't just say "yeah, those plastic rings were crap, our bad" is anyone's guess.  Go figure.
That's (kind of) good to hear. Hopefully they will do the same for mine. I dropped mine off at a repair center, so I'm hoping is less likely I get a "normal wear and tear" spiel. My light too is nearly new and obviously barely. In my opinion, that makes it a clear manufacturer defect.
  • Like 1