Ego Snow Blower

Hello Eric - I have it and it has gotten a decent workout in Wisconsin this year. I'm near speechless each time I use it. The machine is amazing. I can't personally compare it to a two stage but I had one of the heavier duty single stage Arlens 722 prior and the Ego definitely outperforms it. I do run it on 7.5AH batteries. 

I have one and its been really good at most snow falls. The only time it falters a little is the end of driveway crap from the plow truck and if the snow is super wet. If we get a significant amount of snow I will fire up the big Toro 2 stage though. The Ego is quicker to use on most snowfalls though 90% of the time though its just so easy to whip around. The only downside is the scraper bar hits ever raised piece of concrete which hurts, and the bar wears down a little too fast for my liking I think it should be a little more durable.

• Like 1

Cool thanks for the feedback.  Yes, that's what I was wondering with the scraper bar.  What a pain in the A**.  Every little bump I hit, it stops the blower in its tracks and it's very annoying.  Just wondering if mine was messed up or something else.  Would have been nice if it would pull itself through snow instead of having to push it.  I had a Snow Joe a while back and I felt like that would pull itself through the snow.  Now the snow joe wouldn't throw it as far or go through as deep of snow, but it did feel easy to use.

If you check the Ego forum lots of people are not happy able the scraper bar design the wearing too fast and the hitting of every bump in the drive way. I think ego needed to steal some talent from Toro when designing this they are the gold standard on single stage snow blowers.

Agree with hitting a crack in the driveway I just tilt it back a little when using it. I did the whole driveway on one charge last week after work with about 12" of snow blew right through it. Was amazed at how good it worked in that deep of snow. Didn't get to use it last year so definitely pushed it's limits this year already. 

IMG_8629.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Have you seen the new Snow Joe iON8024 80V battery powered (cordless) TWO STAGE unit? I just came across it a few days ago and am very interested in it for the reasons you listed for your friend above. It will be (relatively) light, maintenance free, and should have more power than the battery powered units available up until now. I am tempted to order, but am holding off until at least a few reviews start trickling in.

I think the next few years are going to see great advancements in the battery powered units, and hopefully they take off so consumers have lots of options!

@RattleSnake I haven't seen much about it. I'm not a big fan of 2 stage. They may have more power and capacity but for a small snow they are just too slow. The lack of wheel motors on the single stage means I can pretty much go as fast as I want. My area gets a bunch of the 1-3 in snows but hardly any that are considered big snows.