So any new tools coming soon?

framer

12 hours ago, framer said:

I got money burning a hole in my pocket. 

Is that new tstak radio out yet? 

Any other new tools coming out? Cordless miter? 

a couple concrete tools, some ope, some Tough System/tstak stuff, and those shop benches are what I can think of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jronman said:

a couple concrete tools, some ope, some Tough System/tstak stuff, and those shop benches are what I can think of.

What ope can we expect? Updates to the current models or new tools altogether?

17 hours ago, D W said:

What ope can we expect? Updates to the current models or new tools altogether?

40v mower, 17 in 40v trimmer, and 2x20v mower

@Hugh Jass the van rack is in stock at CPO if you want it. Both the tall and short versions. Around $189.99 for the short rack and $249.99 for the tall rack.Says it ships monday 

• Like 2

I happened to find a retail site saying March 12 for the new 3 drawer tough system box. No date on the 2 drawer but I can hope it has the same or earlier date. It appeared to be a UK site so the release date may be different for North America. If it is even coming to North America. I haven't even seen any listings for them on the US sites.

I'm kind of going the other way with regards to Festool.  I believe that other brands are slowly bridging the gap, and festool is doing little to keep the gap widening other then the  yearly price increases.  I have around 7-8 pieces of festool gear as well as a vac, but i'm not really seeing anything new from them that really excites me.....Except the bluetooth remote for the vac's.  That will work exceptionally well when i hook up the CT26 to my new Makita cordless slider

30 minutes ago, slopjock78 said:

I'm kind of going the other way with regards to Festool.  I believe that other brands are slowly bridging the gap, and festool is doing little to keep the gap widening other then the  yearly price increases.  I have around 7-8 pieces of festool gear as well as a vac, but i'm not really seeing anything new from them that really excites me.....Except the bluetooth remote for the vac's.  That will work exceptionally well when i hook up the CT26 to my new Makita cordless slider

Thats a lovely combo.

I was positively surprised with the cordless Festool Sanders tho :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slopjock78 said:

Let me know how you like that Makita I must say I was impressed seems to be a close comparison to the 790

7 hours ago, slopjock78 said:

i just never understood that brand.  the only appeal i see is if you're anal on tool storage.

I just got an email from DeWALT announcing the DCF894 mid-range impact wrench, it says it has a max torque of 330 ft-lbs. The email mentions it joins the 1/2 inch DCF899 (with a max torque of 700 ft-lbs) and the 3/8 inch DCF890 with 150 ft-lbs of max torque.

I don't see myself buying one since I don't turn wrenches for a living anymore, so my old Ingersoll Rand will eventually run with a FlexVolt compressor once every blue moon in the future should I need an impact in the future.

15 hours ago, framer said:

i just never understood that brand.  the only appeal i see is if you're anal on tool storage.

They have a few extremely well thought out tools that just work better then other options.

Dust extraction is also quite top notch if that is important to you.

On the other side they also have a bunch of overpriced tools which were special 8 years ago but have since been surpassed by other tools from other brands

21 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

They have a few extremely well thought out tools that just work better then other options.

Dust extraction is also quite top notch if that is important to you.

On the other side they also have a bunch of overpriced tools which were special 8 years ago but have since been surpassed by other tools from other brands

I cant find really anything with your statement that I can really disagree with.  I really got into the brand about 4 years ago when i splurged on the track saw.  Then the dust extractor and rotex sander.  Then the domino, 3 more sanders, jig saw and router.  All exceptional tools with great dust extraction.  However, as you said, other tool companies are closing the gap, and possibly surpassing in several areas.  Their track saw isnt miles ahead of everyone else anymore.  Multiple companies are catching up on the sanders.  I still follow the brand and will absolutely buy Festool again if they have something that fills a need of mine and the price is appropriate.  But I am now heavily invested in the Dewalt 20/60 volt lines, and now also getting into the Makita 18V line.  Festool really needs to go back to the drawing board if they want to stay ahead of the pack....or even stay WITH the pack......

• Like 1