So any new tools coming soon?

framer

On 2/20/2018 at 7:25 PM, JakeDewalt said:

Let me know how you like that Makita I must say I was impressed seems to be a close comparison to the 790

So far so good.  I'm not a full time carpenter, but I'm currently using it to trim an old farmhouse I am completely remodeling.  I have very few faults with the tool so far.  Dust extraction is exceptional when paired with my CT26.  And with a Freud Industrial LU74 blade, the cuts are glass smooth and at least on par with any dewalt saw i've used. 

I have read multiple issues with the miter lock bar not holding true and possibly bending/warping.  I havent noticed this issue on my saw up to this point.  Possibly a problem with the first batch of saws..??  No tool has a flawless record.  Even the idolized Kapex has an absurdly high motor failure rate.  Its almost laughable on Festool boards to see someone replace 3+ motors on a $1500 Kapex, and in the same breath belittle the $650 Makita as not being suitable for framing because of the possibility of the miter lock failing.  Also Kapex junkies literally buying an extra $1500 saw as a backup for WHEN the motor burns up.  Just laughable......

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, slopjock78 said:

I cant find really anything with your statement that I can really disagree with.  I really got into the brand about 4 years ago when i splurged on the track saw.  Then the dust extractor and rotex sander.  Then the domino, 3 more sanders, jig saw and router.  All exceptional tools with great dust extraction.  However, as you said, other tool companies are closing the gap, and possibly surpassing in several areas.  Their track saw isnt miles ahead of everyone else anymore.  Multiple companies are catching up on the sanders.  I still follow the brand and will absolutely buy Festool again if they have something that fills a need of mine and the price is appropriate.  But I am now heavily invested in the Dewalt 20/60 volt lines, and now also getting into the Makita 18V line.  Festool really needs to go back to the drawing board if they want to stay ahead of the pack....or even stay WITH the pack......

I haven't really seen any other companies that have sanders that can compete with Festool for DC.  I believe that others have rotary sanders as well, but not too many dual-mode like the rotex line - maybe just Bosch?

@khariV Makita has one that is 2 mode I believe. Toolpig did a review of it awhile back. DeWALT has a geared sander but it does not has ros mode. I would guess Milwaukee probably has at least a geared only sander but I would have to check. Mirka might have one but I would have to check as well.

Waiting also for new Dewalt cordless tools.....I do say no one matches Festool vac set ups....I don’t know if the kapex is better then the Dewalt mitre saw, I’m not a finish guy...but as a framer I see almost all finish guys using the Dewalt mitresaw...

I’m getting the Festool sander hybrid....don’t think anyone matches it...i was getting the Festool hybrid jigsaw until @ChrisK mentioned Mafell p1cc...after extensive research that is my jigsaw only wish it was cordless...but nothing can touch it’s power and perfect cuts in deep dense wood...and I make a ton of radius cuts in 4x6 stock....

cmon Dewalt already.....

44 minutes ago, slopjock78 said:

Is that new TSTAK radio just a cord/cordless radio, or is it a charger as well?  Didnt see that listed in the info posted, so i'm guessing it's not a charger....

Hi

I physically have the radio now in front of me / in use

love it

it is also a charger

and yes

Flexvolt batteries fit

GREAT sound and controlable via app (volume, playlist, library, etc...

cheers

tstak-radio-box.jpg

• Like 5

They’re cheap, lightweight, and a smaller footprint. Everything a DIY/hobbyist or finish guy would love. They’re quite popular. Especially since you can get multiple of them for the price of a single Systainer. I just recently started branching into TStak to compliment my piles of ToughSystem. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Cool. Does it have a fixed power cable or a figure-8 plug?

Is it 110/220 or 110V only?

Thanks!

it is multi voltage

you will need a country specifig adaptor, NOT a transformer

it is a loose power cable; the plug-in spot in back is covered/insulated with a rubber plug

the power plug fits into the (sealed) case even if a flexvolt battery is pluged

it of course has also a AUX and USB port

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, midogrumpy said:

it is multi voltage

you will need a country specifig adaptor, NOT a transformer

it is a loose power cable; the plug-in spot in back is covered/insulated with a rubber plug

the power plug fits into the (sealed) case even if a flexvolt battery is pluged

it of course has also a AUX and USB port

O0

Thankyou!

6 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

Hi

I physically have the radio now in front of me / in use

love it

it is also a charger

and yes

Flexvolt batteries fit

GREAT sound and controlable via app (volume, playlist, library, etc...

cheers

tstak-radio-box.jpg

Did you purchase this off of Ebay? I use to order tools only available in the UK from Toolstop.com but it seems that they don't offer USA delivery anymore.