New Jet Router Table System

tugnut1

The new JET Router Table features a cast iron or MDF table top, precision router lift, fence system with feather board and flip top add-ons, easily transportable rolling stand, and multiple dust collection features.

Options include a cast iron or MDF table top, precision router lift, fence system with feather board and flip top add-ons, easily transportable rolling stand, and multiple dust collection features.  All components are also sold separately, so that users can mix and match them to assemble the router table solution that best fits their woodshops.

A choice of either cast iron or MDF table tops offer options for durability and affordability.  Both table tops have a footprint of 32” x 24” to support a wide range of work pieces. The precision machined, cast iron table weighs 88 lbs. and provides maximum durability and a solid surface for all routing applications.  The lighter-weight MDF table is melamine-topped for a smooth work surface.

The milled aluminum router lift has above-the-table height and lock controls for convenient tool adjustments and changes.  One turn of the dials raises or lowers the lift 2 mm at a time. The lift’s sturdy, four-post screw design with chain drive keeps tolerances tight and rigid. 

A micro-adjust fence assembly includes easy-to-read guide rails that allow users to dial-in the exact size profile required.  A scale on top of the fence facilitates placement of stops at different points of operation.  The adjustable fence provides optimum support for work pieces of different sizes.  An integrated dust port is helps clear dust and chips at the source of the cut. 

The heavy duty floor standhas an integrated mobile base and onboard accessory storage.   A power switch attaches to the stand, allowing the operator to control the router without reaching under the table.  A miter gauge also is included.      

The dust collection system features an enclosed dust box that surrounds the router, as well as an integrated port in the fence at the source of the cut.  The dust box’s all-metal construction with air flow vents ensures maximum dust collection and containment, as well as durability.  The dust box has a standard 4” port.       737000WK.thumb.jpg.2097e0cc547cef405360c15bb155b133.jpg

5a86f243e020b_737000CK-Copy.thumb.jpg.9e5e69ac457780d78d7bfa78cef80e6a.jpg

Holy shit Jet $1100 and $1400 for Router tables!

Kreg just came out with a router lift, I could buy it, one of their tables, and still have $300-$600 left compared to buying a Jet model. I also don’t see a list of compatible routers. The majority of router lifts don’t fit the Milwaukee routers, in fact the only one I know that does support it is the Kreg one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Hahahahahaha you sound so cute.....The Festool one is 1700 and ONLY fits Festool OF1400 and 1010!!

That's fine that theirs is $1700 and only fits their routers, they built a table for their specific tools and increase their prices every year because people pay a premium for Festool. Jet is not competing with Festool in this product, they are competing with Kreg, Rockler, Incra, and anyone else who makes router tables that support various router manufacturers, that price is ridiculous in that context.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtkendall said:

Holy shit Jet $1100 and $1400 for Router tables!

Kreg just came out with a router lift, I could buy it, one of their tables, and still have $300-$600 left compared to buying a Jet model. I also don’t see a list of compatible routers. The majority of router lifts don’t fit the Milwaukee routers, in fact the only one I know that does support it is the Kreg one.

It is a bit pricey.  I bought my Rockler unit for about $800, but I didn't some of the features the jet has.  I'm not sure of the price shown is for all of the options or just for the basic setup.  I am assuming its for everything.  

Here is the link to Toolup from Jets site. Interesting they list it as Powermatic though truthfully they are manufactured similarly....

http://www.toolup.com/Powermatic-737000WK-Router-Lift-with-MDF-Table-Kit

http://www.toolup.com/Powermatic-737000CK-Router-Lift-with-Cast-Table-Kit

Here is the direct site list...

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/router-lift-with-mdf-table-kit/737000WK

I sold my bench dog router table a while back as it took up too much room for something I did not use that often.  When I get around to it I'll make one into one of my work bench tops. I have a bunch of 3/8 Lexan I plan on using for the router plate. The lifts are nice, but really unnecessary unless you use it everyday in my opinion.