Home Depot has a good deal going on the flexvolt miter saw

rcarnes911

Not bad, but I'd just as soon spend an extra $100 to get the capacity of the slider.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-FLEXVOLT-120-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-12-in-Sliding-Miter-Saw-w-AC-Adapter-Batteries-and-Bonus-Stand-DHS790T2w726/304538173

I've never understood the appeal of a non-sliding 12" miter saw.  If you don't need the sliding capacity, why not go with a smaller blade and don't haul as much around with you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khariV said:

I've never understood the appeal of a non-sliding 12" miter saw.  If you don't need the sliding capacity, why not go with a smaller blade and don't haul as much around with you?

Not everyone hauls their stuff around with them. My 10" saw never leaves the garage. I'd buy the 12" non-slider if I had room for it because I don't need the sliding in that size but sometimes need to chop thicker material that my 10" can't handle. The other thing to consider is if someone is buying just one saw and know they don't need the sliding feature then they may be buying the biggest blade possible to avoid potentially having to buy a larger saw in the future.

56 minutes ago, khariV said:

Not bad, but I'd just as soon spend an extra $100 to get the capacity of the slider.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-FLEXVOLT-120-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-12-in-Sliding-Miter-Saw-w-AC-Adapter-Batteries-and-Bonus-Stand-DHS790T2w726/304538173

Sure a guy could use a 7 or 10 in sliding saw to get more capacity/portability but some cuts that require a slider with smaller blades can be done with a non sliding 12 in. Also some crown and trim is too large for smaller saws.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584