Festool price increases tommorrow.

Jronman

I think they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot on this one, no doubt they will still sell to their diehard fans but sure R&D on most of their products has been well and truly paid for.

Personally I think they are upping the price because they know their fans will still fork out the cash.

1 hour ago, StrippedScrew said:

I think they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot on this one, no doubt they will still sell to their diehard fans but sure R&D on most of their products has been well and truly paid for.

Personally I think they are upping the price because they know their fans will still fork out the cash.

I think your wrong on that one dude. I’ve been “talking”with Eric for a couple of years and he’s pretty fed up and he was WAYYYYYY more of a Festool fan than I. 

Now if you were to ask me if I’ve bought anything new to beat the price update....no. I have all I need and I happen to agree with Eric

...a lot. This series of releases looks quite promising but I’m all set. Minus the DF700....I wish I could get that but my DF500 does most of my work well enough.

The problem is, if you don’t have any actual experience with the quality of the tools and are turned off by the price, people don’t understand what they are buying into. Now having said that, I’ve seen four or five price increases and I can still get a Dewalt slider for the same price it was a few years back. If the Kapex had been completely redesigned...maybe an increase would be warranted. But the Kapex I bought for around $700 as a reconditioned unit (brand new actually) is the SAME one they are selling right now. NO DIFFERENCE. No comparison in tools and functionality but take a look at the new Makita slider, that’s the closest another brand has gotten to the Kapex in my opinion.

Also for price reasons and clarity....

THE PRICE INCREASE IS NOT 10%!!!!

Here is the link to Toolnut with a list of the prices....

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-price-increase-2018.html

• Like 1

I'm hearing about a lot of people that are tired of the yearly price increase, it's definitely hurting sales...I wouldn't be surprised if these "Hurry and buy before the price increase" isn't working well this year. It's rare I see anyone post a Festool product on instagram and don't see multiple people bashing the price increases. I've seen several Festool users as about alternatives. Some of the pros don't seem to care but they're the minority...even Snap On doesn't pull this.