What does everyone use for a table saw blade?

ChrisK

Hey guys, I am working hard and fast on my Sawstop and ,y stock blade is bogging down. A good cleaning will take care of it but I am in the market for a better blade. What do you guys use? Any recommendations? I hear the Freud Fusion is awesome, naturally Forrest but what else?

@ChrisK apart from my recip saw and omt I have yet to replace the stock blades so I might not be of much help. I will try to help though. Could try Festool since you are already invested into Festool? Maybe you got a spare Kapex blade lying around? Not sure if you got a Kapex or not haha. Diablo I have heard are pretty good. Diablo has some new blades out that have a special tooth design that act similar to sandpaper to make the cut nicer and less burning I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

Thanks comp, do you ever use a combo blade? Also does Freud have a sharpening service?

haha ya I use the stock blade, but it is so rare it has lasted quite some time..

as for sharpening I take it to a local shop, however I could take it to about 4-5 different shops but I only trust one shop, as the guy is older and can sharpen a blade like no other......don't know what I'll do if he kicks......hope he is passing on his talent...

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

@ChrisK apart from my recip saw and omt I have yet to replace the stock blades so I might not be of much help. I will try to help though. Could try Festool since you are already invested into Festool? Maybe you got a spare Kapex blade lying around? Not sure if you got a Kapex or not haha. Diablo I have heard are pretty good. Diablo has some new blades out that have a special tooth design that act similar to sandpaper to make the cut nicer and less burning I think. 

Thanks dude, the arbor on the Kapex is Metric so no go there but yeah, I have the Kapex and a couple of blades for it.

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

haha ya I use the stock blade, but it is so rare it has lasted quite some time..

as for sharpening I take it to a local shop, however I could take it to about 4-5 different shops but I only trust one shop, as the guy is older and can sharpen a blade like no other......don't know what I'll do if he kicks......hope he is passing on his talent...

Gotta find a guy here, I heard there is a place in Fall River Ma that does good work. Thanks bro

I ended up ordering two blades from two manufacturers...

Combination Saw Blade, 10" x 50T ATB+R, Popular Tools CR1050

and 

10" TS2000 Super Combo Blade 4-ATB/1-Raker Tooth

Blade Bore
5/8"

I read some great stuff about Popular tools and this looked like a great combo blade, I got that from Carbide Processors.

The second blade is a very highly rated blade from Ridge Carbide Tool Co.  A bit more expensive but I’ll let you know how they work out. It’ll be mice having a couple of blades in the shop and I’ll clean up the basic Sawstop blade and see if I can find a guy to sharpen it for me. The KD Pine was getting bogged down while ripping some five foot cuts and though my Sawstop has a small 1.75hp motor it wasn’t the motor getting me in a bind.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...