DeWalt equivilant to Milwaukee ECX #1 #2 bits

roadhog96

Does anyone know if DeWalt makes a screwdriver or driver bit like the Milwaukee ECX series. Over the years I always wondered what type of screw head were on electrical outlets and switches. I just used a flatblade screw driver on them but it was never a great fit and the blade always manages to slip out. The other day I was watching a YouTube video and the guy mention the ECX is made for those screws so thats what got me looking into this. I have a lot of work left on a upgrade project so this could make life easier. I could just buy the Milwaukee but everything I have is pretty much DeWalt so I’d like to stick with it because I have had good luck with this brand, and I like yellow better than red.

203BA85E-7A05-42CB-9F2D-CD4A51958FF7.png

9E162BDC-F824-4CB7-BB80-6CA1A676C862.png

I’ve never seen that bit from Dewalt, I’m.with ya....., I love Dewalt tools, but I agree with @framer Dewalt bit cases suck. Milwaukee is better and better bits but the best bits and cases I found are Bosch...easiest to remove and install and the whole row just clicks out..........you can by whole rows of whatever bits you want from Bosch..

All guys on the crews must carry their own bit box with a truss lock bit, timberlock bit, T40,T30,T25,T15, Sq1,Sq 2 and Phillips.....I personally use a bosh box ,clear lid,rubber corners, ( 8$ at lows at Christmas)  I carry different brand bits for easy recognition, Dewalt T15, Milwaukee T25, Bosch everything else...

I usually buy in bulk packs on amazon, not individual cases,except Black Friday deals....D2AEDF37-E216-4CA7-8C2D-11A68BACE18F.thumb.jpeg.2f54e11c2ff23df331ebe862d0a7e219.jpeg95E66FBE-1685-4D6C-ABC9-C1C4BEBF0CA6.thumb.jpeg.188085402bb9b5493f0bc80003907dc0.jpeg15C7D9EF-224F-4DEC-95DD-0D09589E0795.thumb.jpeg.02e01ed8a2f31b31d5c2f5a4e3cad093.jpeg

I’ve never seen that bit from Dewalt, I’m.with ya....., I love Dewalt tools, but I agree with [mention=44933]framer[/mention] Dewalt bit cases suck. Milwaukee is better and better bits but the best bits and cases I found are Bosch...easiest to remove and install and the whole row just clicks out..........you can by whole rows of whatever bits you want from Bosch..
       All guys on the crews must carry their own bit box with a truss lock bit, timberlock bit, T40,T30,T25,T15, Sq1,Sq 2 and Phillips.....I personally use a bosh box ,clear lid,rubber corners, ( 8$ at lows at Christmas)  I carry different brand bits for easy recognition, Dewalt T15, Milwaukee T25, Bosch everything else...
    I usually buy in bulk packs on amazon, not individual cases,except Black Friday deals....D2AEDF37-E216-4CA7-8C2D-11A68BACE18F.thumb.jpeg.2f54e11c2ff23df331ebe862d0a7e219.jpeg95E66FBE-1685-4D6C-ABC9-C1C4BEBF0CA6.thumb.jpeg.188085402bb9b5493f0bc80003907dc0.jpeg15C7D9EF-224F-4DEC-95DD-0D09589E0795.thumb.jpeg.02e01ed8a2f31b31d5c2f5a4e3cad093.jpeg

Does the bit holder in the set have a snap ring inside or is it just the magnet holding the bit in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2018 at 12:31 AM, framer said:

all my tools are dewalt pretty much, but i prefer the milwaukee bits.  better bits and way better cases.

I know this is anecdotal, but it made me think. I always bought Milwaukee bits for my drywall and deck gun since this drill was hard on bits, especially in decks for obvious reasons. When I bought an impact driver I got a Milwaukee for myself and a dewalt for my gear head nephew. I bought us each two sets of Milwaukee bits and two sets of dewalt bits. He said so far so good with all of them, tough as nails. I'm over at my ex wife's house putting a new latch on the wood gate(she has my dogs and I love my dogs, don't judge lol) and was using the impact with a #2 bit for some exterior woodscrews. I tighten everything and she's all over my new impact because her old man was a mechanic who warned me Ling ago not to let her touch tools. So she starts playing with the drill and just barely tightens two screws and the dewalt yellow banded impact bit shatters. I've never actually seen one or even had one shatter before in 25 years of being a carpenter. ElDestructo strikes again.

But really, I do find Milwaukee bits hold their tip longer before they round off vs any other bits I've used.

• Like 1

Our shop I’ve seen piles of shattered bits. Tons of steel framing and it happens all the time. I swear by Bosch bits. Been equally disappointed by Milwaukee and Dewalt bits. Makita Gold is decent. Bosch’s modular bit cases are great. 

23 hours ago, Bremon said:

Our shop I’ve seen piles of shattered bits. Tons of steel framing and it happens all the time. I swear by Bosch bits. Been equally disappointed by Milwaukee and Dewalt bits. Makita Gold is decent. Bosch’s modular bit cases are great. 

I'll give the Bosch a try. I use their circ saw and miter saw blades exclusively, so why not some bits? Truth be told, name brands don't matter, performance does. If Harbor fraud had the best rated bits out there(instead of seconds and mis stamped tools) I'd buy them. I've actually used their SDS bits and for 15 bucks for a set of five, it was totally worth the money.

6 hours ago, satchmodog said:

I'll give the Bosch a try. I use their circ saw and miter saw blades exclusively, so why not some bits? Truth be told, name brands don't matter, performance does. If Harbor fraud had the best rated bits out there(instead of seconds and mis stamped tools) I'd buy them. I've actually used their SDS bits and for 15 bucks for a set of five, it was totally worth the money.

I have the new Bosch bits in the new case system they came out with not too long ago. They have been good so far. A huge step above the cheapo bits many guys have.

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

I have the new Bosch bits in the new case system they came out with not too long ago. They have been good so far. A huge step above the cheapo bits many guys have.

Bosch tools and accessories like Milwaukee and dewalt have never let me down. I wouldn't mind some blue bit cases to go with my yeller and red ones 😊 always looking for good stuff.

I know this is anecdotal, but it made me think. I always bought Milwaukee bits for my drywall and deck gun since this drill was hard on bits, especially in decks for obvious reasons. When I bought an impact driver I got a Milwaukee for myself and a dewalt for my gear head nephew. I bought us each two sets of Milwaukee bits and two sets of dewalt bits. He said so far so good with all of them, tough as nails. I'm over at my ex wife's house putting a new latch on the wood gate(she has my dogs and I love my dogs, don't judge lol) and was using the impact with a #2 bit for some exterior woodscrews. I tighten everything and she's all over my new impact because her old man was a mechanic who warned me Ling ago not to let her touch tools. So she starts playing with the drill and just barely tightens two screws and the dewalt yellow banded impact bit shatters. I've never actually seen one or even had one shatter before in 25 years of being a carpenter. ElDestructo strikes again.
But really, I do find Milwaukee bits hold their tip longer before they round off vs any other bits I've used.

Definitely don’t let here touch any other tools lol. I too buy the Milwaukee bits over dewalt. Imo they last longer and fit better. To be fair, the dewalt bits aren’t bad, but they seem to wear out fairly quick once you get that one awkward fastener causing the bit to jump out. Also havent ever had a bit snap while working with wood, sometime a screw head snaps, but fastening through 1/4”-1/2” I-beams is where I’ll trash a dozen or so in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk