Mini 1/4 inch hex bit ratchet

D W

I'm looking for a good quality ratchet for 1/4 hex bits. I've seen one from Felo but it's too expensive. 

I'm setting up a tool box for the house and plan to use 1 inch (25mm) hex driver bits for everything, instead of hex keys and screwdrivers. I have a very good magnetic Wiha bit holding handle for screwdriving but nothing to take over for the hex key role.

There's quite a few on Ebay but I'm reluctant to get one that might end up having a really poor ratcheting mechanism. They might actually be great, it's just largely unknown. 

Occasional use, the external tooth ones like Neiko will get the job done. Sunex also has a pretty good set, Titan also seems to rebrand that ratchet too. https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Tools-11212-10-Piece-Driver/dp/B00SQ4FN1I/

The Felo is the best bit ratchet on the market, IMO. It's right in line with every top ratchet brand like Snap On. The Wiha, for example, is not nearly as nice. I haven't used the Wera.

Gearwrench also has a small set with a bit ratchet as does Kobalt(not really helpful for you).

• Like 2

I use the Wera.

I only wish that I had purchased it first. I wasted money on 2 previous, cheaper ratchets.
One was an off brand Canadian Tire model and the other was a Harbor Frieght style. Both failed after what I would consider to be medium torque applications.
My Wera has taken a huge beating and still works like a champ!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, Verktools said:

German tool reviews have a test of bit ratchets out:1/4" hex bit ratchets

On 3/25/2018 at 8:36 AM, BMack37 said:

Occasional use, the external tooth ones like Neiko will get the job done. Sunex also has a pretty good set, Titan also seems to rebrand that ratchet too. https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Tools-11212-10-Piece-Driver/dp/B00SQ4FN1I/

The Felo is the best bit ratchet on the market, IMO. It's right in line with every top ratchet brand like Snap On. The Wiha, for example, is not nearly as nice. I haven't used the Wera.

Gearwrench also has a small set with a bit ratchet as does Kobalt(not really helpful for you).

...just sayin.