1.5 amp hr with a fuel gauge???

Jronman

I was looking at batteries today and saw a 1.5 amp hr DeWALT 20v max battery with a fuel gauge. Anyone else seen this? Is this a new battery? It has the black shell design which to me indicates an older design but I am not for sure. https://www.toolnut.com/dewalt-dcb201-20-v-max-lithium-ion-compact-battery-pack-1-5-ah.html

It's an older battery, it's been out since 2011 according to Amazon. If you look up a product on Amazon you can usually find "Date First Available" In the "Additional Information" section. Dewalt nor any of the tool retailers that I typically buy from have release date information listed for some reason, the most I see on sites is a little "New" tag when something has just been released or "Preorder" if applicable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Any DeWALT 1.5 amp hr battery I have seen has been without the fuel gauge.

Ok I actually just went back to Amazon and looked for other photos to verify it had the fuel gauge and it doesn't, so Dewalt's released an updated battery with a fuel gauge under the same model number? It seems odd, the Makita batteries with a fuel gauge have a B on the end to signify it's the updated model, BL1830 vs BL1830B.

A black battery doesn't mean old, it means "standard" and yellow is "premium".  Look at the Flex, 6/2 batteries.... black, 9/3 yellow.   The coloring also carries over to the chargers too.